Page 204 of 521 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254304 ... LastLast
Results 2,437 to 2,448 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Papley is a rough kick and struggles to kick over 40m. This year his goal kicking had been better but he is being talked up like no tomorrow on here.

Don’t think he even makes our top 10 players.

Heeney, Parker, Dawson, Kennedy, Buddy, Rampe, Aliir, Mills, Lloyd, Hewett all ahead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    I don't think there is any confirmation that Papleys contract has been extended four years. He has apparently triggered an extension clause, but we don't know for certain that he accepted it.
    It was reported on the AFL website a couple of weeks back and in the media many times since, without any denials, so I think we can accept it as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Ronke doesn't have the defensive mindset that Paps does though. Aside from kicking goals, Paps is a great defensive forward which is so important in today's game. Let's hope it was just the second year blues that dictated his form this year.
    I've noted this a few times this year as well. I think the mindset is there, but Ronke is simply not that effective in his defensive work. I noticed that his tackle count was almost half compared to last year, although there was some improvement in the last part of this year. I couldn't recall his defensive shortcomings last year; I'm not sure that it's just the passage of time or he was just better in 2018. By stats alone, it would seem that he was better in 2018.

I think we can all agree that Ronke should use Papley as a model for the kind of player he should try to become. Even the best players go through form slumps, especially in their early years, so it's not unreasonable to think that a young player can regain his best form as he matures.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Papley rushed his disposals in his first year or two as well. Ronke showed more poise in the last couple of games this year. I think it's a confidence thing. A reasonable stretch in the firsts should help.
    I agree. Papley still makes lots of mistakes, especially with his decision making, but overall his progress has been impressive. A big improvement in Papley's game this year has been his ability to get involved in so much play around the ground, an area that Ronke needs to improve.

With such a young playing group, we have a lot of players lacking poise and rushing their decisions. On the positive side of things, this could auger well for the future with a notable increase in team poise in the nest few years as the group as a whole gains experience. And this is where our move back up the ladder is likely to come from; at least that's what I'm hoping to see.

Maybe I've missed this earlier in the thread, but daniher has now officially requested a trade to Sydney.
    That's huge!

That’s awesome if true! Where did you see/hear that?

Yeah what’s the source Baz , I can’t see anything online ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Papley is a rough kick and struggles to kick over 40m. This year his goal kicking had been better but he is being talked up like no tomorrow on here.

Don’t think he even makes our top 10 players.

Heeney, Parker, Dawson, Kennedy, Buddy, Rampe, Aliir, Mills, Lloyd, Hewett all ahead of him.
    On form, not this year....

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Maybe I've missed this earlier in the thread, but daniher has now officially requested a trade to Sydney.
    That's huge!
    Nothing on the AFL website, nothing anywhere. If it were true, I'd imagine it would be the biggest story in footy, outside of the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Yeah what’s the source Baz , I can’t see anything online ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I saw it on twitter, but now I double checked it's not from an official source. Might have gone a bit early on that one.

Veterans List
    For about 5 days now I've been reading that Daniher will shortly announce that he wants to go to the swans. And everyday there is nothing!

I want the finals series to hurry up and finish so we can can stop all this speculation and find out what is really going to happen!

Let's not get too excited, kids!! Its pure speculation at present.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Let's not get too excited, kids!! Its pure speculation at present.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    So, educate me, is he that good but injuries are a concern ?

I think we should get something good in return for Jones I suggest
    Jones to St Kilda
    St Kilda 2nd round to port and maybe our 3rd round pick
    Pepper to the Swans

I'd be more then happy with that trade