Page 520 of 520 FirstFirst ... 20420470510516517518519520
Results 6,229 to 6,231 of 6231

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    They won’t want to, but they have a tight salary cap ( supposedly even before Grundy signed on for 7 ) and have both Moore and DeGoey out of contract at season end. I can’t see them hanging onto both, unless one or both accepts big unders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They will hold onto them both and no1 in the media will take a second look at how they did it.

All you’ll hear is how great their list management is and will be applauded just like the current premiers did when obtaining Lynch.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Or brown paper bags. They will keep them both if they want to.
    Yep, clubs are creative with 3rd party deals and don't forget who is the President. Has many fingers in many Pies. I met Paul Williams at his work in the 90's before he came to Sydney and he was working a few hours in the morning in the office of a factory in Collingwood. Legitimate job, but I wondered how much he was getting paid.
    Also Collingwood already know what they are up for so I suspect talks started a long time ago. I would expect DeGoey to leave before Moore.

Yes the third party agreements are the big weakness with the salary cap in my view and greatly advantage the big clubs who have more opportunities in this regard. It really surprises me that they are allowed. They should be inside the salary cap not outside of it. It's not a level playing field!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk