Page 515 of 521 FirstFirst ... 15415465505511512513514515516517518519 ... LastLast
Results 6,169 to 6,180 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Yes it's great news about KB. A strong club generally has top people in the key posts and he certainly fits the bill. I heard that Longmire declined a King's ransom to change to North a few months ago and now KB has knocked back what would have been a substantial offer from the Blues to switch. This shows the buy-on that we have from our current club leadership.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    the other thing is, that he trains and is at the club alot, his weekends are recovering or playing when home, every second weekends he's gone. If she has no other friends up there, it'd be tough and not such an attractive opportunity if she's content at home.
    Exactly. A big city can be a very lonely place when you know nobody. That was how I found it when I first moved to both Melbourne and Sydney. In Melbourne I was lucky. I was able to live with family but Sydney was daunting.

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    They would miss living in a city that smells like pee
    Now, now.....there are Vic Swans on this site as well. A lot live in Melbourne.....remember the original Swans? No need to overplay the inter-city rivalry.

BTW, Melbourne does not smell like pee.....it smells like coffee. Really GOOD coffee......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Brilliant news! Stuff you Carlton!

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Exactly. A big city can be a very lonely place when you know nobody. That was how I found it when I first moved to both Melbourne and Sydney. In Melbourne I was lucky. I was able to live with family but Sydney was daunting.

My impression is that the WAGS of the players are a very friendly and welcoming group and quickly bond with partners of new interstate players. I have noticed many keep following each other on Instagram even after the players shift back home. So I really don’t think loneliness is a problem for WAGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    My impression is that the WAGS of the players are a very friendly and welcoming group and quickly bond with partners of new interstate players. I have noticed many keep following each other on Instagram even after the players shift back home. So I really don’t think loneliness is a problem for WAGs.
    Not sure I would be using using Instagram follows as a measure of loneliness to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Not sure I would be using using Instagram follows as a measure of loneliness to be honest.

I wasn’t.

I wasn’t.
    You made a reference to wags following each other on Instagram, and followed it up with a statement that you don’t believe wags have issues with loneliness ... ?

That's OK if they actually come to Sydney. But what I am saying is there is a perception that a young lady may be lonely, miss family, miss their peers in Melbourne. The players are friendly too and yet the go home to Melbourne factor is still huge for players who go interstate. It is not so much of an issue for those from WA and SA.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    You made a reference to wags following each other on Instagram, and followed it up with a statement that you don’t believe wags have issues with loneliness ... ?

Gawd, that was an incidental comment to my main point that the WAGs seem to make warm, sometimes close, friendships.

That’s not surprising, they share a lot in common through their lifestyles (as partners of players) and often for the very fact that they have moved to Sydney from interstate.

The comment was made earlier that ‘A big city can be a very lonely place when you know nobody’. These young women get to know other young women of similar age and shared backgrounds very quickly after arrival.

Of course missing family and friends back home is still a factor - particularly when babies come along.

I'm friends with the couple who renovated and sold the finished product to Lachie Neale when he moved up here last year.

Apparently at an open house, his wife turned up with all the Lions wags who convinced her the house was the one and as a result, the sale went through. Poor old Lachie had minimal say, although the house was beautiful and very well located!

The Hun have identified Sydney’s Jordan Dawson as one of five potential SuperCoach breakout players for 2020. Their others are: Chayce Jones, Andrew Brayshaw and Hunter Clark (one is yet to be named).

Category: | Herald Sun

The versatile Dawson, who ranked in the top-10 at the Swans for a number of key areas in the second-half of the year, is now one of John Longmire’s most-important players,

“We know he can play any position now that he’s got that confidence,” Longmire said late last season. “He’s an important player wherever we play him.”

Veterans List
    Is that the same Jordan Dawson who wasn't selected for a senior game in the latter half of 2018 when he was "on fire" in the ressies?

Really upbeat about Dawson, his time trial wins add to his exciting potential that should be seen next season.