Page 331 of 521 FirstFirst ... 231281321327328329330331332333334335341381431 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,972 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Matthew Lloyd is a very good AFL "expert", except when it comes to Essendon.
    At the start of the year he was going on about how good their list was, which is BS.
    His undermining of the coach all year has been very transparent.

If Daniher goes as a free agent, the "compo" would be one first round pick at best. That is his market value. Paying 5 and 25 is paying way overs.

I'm pretty confident the Swans want to get Daniher NOW not in 2020. Steve's excellent post explained some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    ... He is a restricted FA, and his circumstances actually make that tricky if we wait until next year. Essendon can match a bid, even if just to force a trade, as Adelaide we’re going to with Dangerfield. We won’t be in a position next year to offer as much via a trade, even more so with the Academy players to account for.

If he has a poor year (including ongoing injury), maybe Essendon don’t match the bid. But that’s hardly a win for us as in that case we made a significant pre-commitment to a player we may not want anymore.

Alternatively, if he plays 22+ games and is AA, we’d have to make an enormous financial offer to dissuade Essendon from matching (and pay what he’s probably worth anyway in that scenario), or be forced into a trade where they’d be asking for a hell of a lot again.

So on balance, if he has asked to come a year early, maybe we’ve considered the risk/reward and felt paying a higher price in a trade would be offset by i) locking him in now and avoiding any bid-matching uncertainty next year, and ii) getting him on less of a salary than we’d probably have to offer via FA.
    But they (he, Dodoro) are a nightmare to deal with. And we will be paying through the nose for him. I'd love us to make a final improved offer and then walk away, at the risk of losing him entirely, or paying more (from a salary cap POV) next year.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    It was described as being a “blow” to the Saints. Seriously!
    Yeah, never mind yet another kick in the balls to the struggling Suns.....did one of these 'expert' Melbourne ex footy players/journo's even comment on the 'injustice' of such a move....ever?

The openly public displays of biased entitlement driven delusion from them have been galling.....one would think that in a perfect world the AFL might be slightly embarrassed by this pathetically delusional reporting......or are they actually just sitting back smugly/evilly thinking "everything is falling into place......our team of draft and trade 'influencers' are doing a wonderful job corrupting an already Vic-centric fan base and maintaining Victorian dominance".....?

FFS! This league and it's 'journo's/experts' are a complete joke.....

And now this!

Category: | Herald Sun

Brisbane has its sights set on securing a second-round pick in exchange for Rising Star winner Lewis Taylor ... While Taylor’s opportunities seem limited at Brisbane, the Swans believe he can play a midfield and forward role at the SCG from next season.

The Lions currently have two third-round picks (No. 52 and No. 55) in this year’s draft and are eyeing a choice in the second-round from either this year’s draft or next year’s draft to finalise the deal.

The Swans may be more including to offer a third-round selection for a player who fell out of favour at the Lions this year and spent the bulk of the season in the NEAFL.

Lewis is not worth second round pick from Swans

Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    Absolutely he's not. But the Lions know he's key to everything else, so are taking the p1ss.

I hope the Suns now announce that they are hoping to attract the other twin to join his brother - of course respectfully when he is not under his initial contract

Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    I'm a Squizzy fan but based on season 2019, he's not worth a second rounder.

Unfortunately, he's contracted so if we really want him, especially in the context of Paps, then we will have to pay it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I hope the Suns now announce that they are hoping to attract the other twin to join his brother - of course respectfully when he is not under his initial contract
    +1

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Brisbane can have whatever we get for Jones. Not really equivalent as Jones is in the 22 whereas Taylor has been playing NEAFL (albeit for a team that finished 2nd not 15th )
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

I don't think we are very good at this trade thing. If it is true we offered 5 and 25 for JD that's insane. If it is true we are giving a second for Taylor that's arguably worse. What's the point of getting Darymple if you don't give him anything to work with?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    I'm a Squizzy fan but based on season 2019, he's not worth a second rounder.

Unfortunately, he's contracted so if we really want him, especially in the context of Paps, then we will have to pay it.
    I doubt it. Contracted or not, I expect the Lions will be happy to see the back of him (just because he is surplus to their requirements). The idea of a second round pick for a developed (ie with limited future upside) player not in your best 22 is somewhat amusing.

I realise players like Newman, Cameron, Nankervis, Membrey were out of contract, but for a non-best 22 player I don't think it makes that much difference. Those trades showed the level that is generally paid for player of that ilk.