Page 332 of 521 FirstFirst ... 232282322328329330331332333334335336342382432 ... LastLast
Results 3,973 to 3,984 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Ollie Wines anyone?

Category: | Herald Sun

In a surprising development, the Herald Sun has confirmed the Blues were asked to weigh up making a play for the Port Adelaide co-captain. Sources familiar with the left-field approach — which came around two weeks ago — said it came from the Wines camp, rather than the Power.

At his best, he's a contested ball beast. I'd be willing to offer pick 5 for him. He would make more of an improvement to our list than Daniher and doesn't have his injury history.

Having said that, he most probably wants to go home, hence the approach to a Melbourne club ☹️☹️

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    At his best, he's a contested ball beast. I'd be willing to offer pick 5 for him. He would make more of an improvement to our list than Daniher and doesn't have his injury history.

Having said that, he most probably wants to go home, hence the approach to a Melbourne club ☹️☹️
    i think you will find he was originally from Echuca

2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

I think 5 & 25 for Daniher is not unreasonable, assuming the docs have given him the “all clear”. But if Essendon aren’t interested at that price, I would just walk away.

At most I would throw in one of our NEAFL players.

Senior Player

Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    i think you will find he was originally from Echuca
    Melbourne a helluva lot closer to Echuca than Sydney. Actually it's closer to Bunyip too..........

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    Thats great news. Perfect. Now lets work on keeping Papley.
    Just heard on SEN Mitch Cleary reporting that the Papley deal is more likely to happen than it was a week ago (no reason given though). Wondering if that's based on our Lewis Taylor 3 year deal offer? But when i heard the Ollie Wines - Carlton speculation, i thought that would strengthen Papley staying reasoning they would need to give their Pick 9 to secure Wines?

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Just heard on SEN Mitch Cleary reporting that the Papley deal is more likely to happen than it was a week ago (no reason given though). Wondering if that's based on our Lewis Taylor 3 year deal offer? But when i heard the Ollie Wines - Carlton speculation, i thought that would strengthen Papley staying reasoning they would need to give their Pick 9 to secure Wines?
    Carlton said no to Wines.

Ollie definitely had a shoulder recon a couple of years ago, but his rehab went really well. I think I recall a wrist injury before that? Shoulder recons mostly do pretty well if rehabbed well.
    Melbourne a helluva lot closer to Echuca than Sydney. Actually it's closer to Bunyip too..........
    It’s a 2 hour drive from Melbourne to Echuca (I was from Rochester which is about 15 minutes closer).

Hour and a half flight from Sydney to Melbourne?

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Ollie definitely had a shoulder recon a couple of years ago, but his rehab went really well. I think I recall a wrist injury before that? Shoulder recons mostly do pretty well if rehabbed well.

It’s a 2 hour drive from Melbourne to Echuca (I was from Rochester which is about 15 minutes closer).

Hour and a half flight from Sydney to Melbourne?
    Echuca is a beautiful place. Was posted there as a Med student and made the drive down to Melbourne for a weekend with friends (actually half interested in a girl 😂), all back in 1997!

I guess the point is that places like Bunyip and Echuca etc are all an easy drive as opposed to flying. I wanted to live in Terrigal a few years ago (wife vetoed it) to be closer to my family in Sydney, even though Brisbane is a comparable trip, time wise when flying.

Buckenaras view on the Daniher trade (selects):

Category: | Herald Sun

Daniher wants to be traded to Sydney and at his best, pre-groin injuries, he would have been worth two top-10 picks. But he’s not any more. He’s played 11 games in two years ...

it’s a dangerous game to be holding a player to his contract who doesn’t want to be there, especially a player who is coming off a serious injury and who has barely played in two years. If you don’t grant the trade request, how dedicated will he be the following year? ..,

Daniher has a long history with Essendon, so he wouldn’t have made this trade request on a whim. It would have taken weeks and months to a) think and b) come to terms with leaving. That also plays into the risk of keeping him around.

Had an on my bike ride today. Plenty of time to think on tranquil rice paddy roads. It goes like this:

1. We finish all our other trades: Papley, Jones, Cameron, Taylor.
    2. It's Wednesday morning and we tell Dodo that whatever offer we made, it's now off the table.
    3. The clock runs out. Daniher remains contracted to Essendon.
    4. Thursday: Daniher announces he's quitting the club and will stay out of football in 2020 and get his body right.
    5. Meanwhile, the Swans have told Joe that the $800,000 salary lost is not lost at all, but we will add 200k a year to the contract we already offered to him for the next 4 years, 2021-2024, so he is not out of pocket. This money will come from the savings of not having to pay Daniher in 2020.
    6. Daniher walks to the Swans for nothing (Mummy signing) after the draft next year.
    7. Dodo gets sacked.
    8. Matthew Lloyd has his Essendon life membership rescinded.
    9. A desperate EFC hire Ludwig on a million dollar contract to fix up their footy club.
    10. Ludwig changes the name of the club to the Bangkok Bombers and moves the club to Thailand.
    11. Ludwig wins Nobel Prize for literature after writing the book: Too Much Dope, Too Many Dopes : The Downfall of The Essendon Football Club.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 14th October 2019 at 02:45 PM.