Page 334 of 521 FirstFirst ... 234284324330331332333334335336337338344384434 ... LastLast
Results 3,997 to 4,008 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

On the Rookie List
    I think Josh Bruce should have a change of heart and say he wants to go to Essendon. We can then give Jones to St. Kilda, Bruce can go to Essendon and Daniher can come to us with some draft pick swaps thrown in as well.

I personally draft time. I love reading about and watching footage of the U18 players on YouTube, NAB League app etc. and fantasizing (for lack of a better word) about which players we might pick up (and then get frustrated when our pick comes and we overlook them or when someone picks the player I want before our pick!).

As bad as it sounds, once I was resigned to the fact that we weren't making finals last season I was hoping we would drop as far as we could as I really felt we needed to bring in the best quality kid/s we could to make a quick return up the ladder and then finals!

Unfortunately I'm getting a feeling that what could be the most exciting draft for Swans fans with having possibly 4 picks inside the top 30 (And 2 in the top 10!), we are going to end up trading nearly all those picks by Wednesday night and cave on the Daniher deal (And give back more of our picks along with Papley)...

That would really be deflating for me with the highlight of the off season being the National draft. We have Dalrymple now who has showed he has a fantastic eye for young talent and he may just be stuck having to try and find some late diamonds which has been pretty much the norm for us in the last decade.

We finally have a chance at being relatively big players on draft night for the first time in many, many years! Please Harley and Co. don't ruin it for me and trade away our future on a player that we could possibly get for free this time next year anyway...

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Most of us here think that the smart thing for the Swans to do is walk away from the impossible Dodo. The irony is that some footy journos seem to think that the onus is on us to find a way to somehow get the Daniher deal done and it's a failure on our part if we don't get it done! This view seems to persist despite the ridiculous ambit claims being made by Dodo.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Most of us here think that the smart thing for the Swans to do is walk away from the impossible Dodo. The irony is that some footy journos seem to think that the onus is on us to find a way to somehow get the Daniher deal done and it's a failure on our part if we don't get it done! This view seems to persist despite the ridiculous ambit claims being made by Dodo.

Homo Melbournius is a strange creature

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post

Yes keep hearing the same thing when listening to most of the morons on trade radio that we will have egg on our face if we don't do whatever it takes to get the Daniher deal done as Harley must've made a guarantee to him mid year blah blah blah....

I can't believe that we will be made out to be the losers of the trade period if we don't bow down and submit to Essendon's demands and sell the farm to get Daniher in! But that's how it will go down if we don't do it and get him (BTW I think we will submit and get him unfortunately).

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Homo Melbournius is a strange creature
    Raphus cucullatus* is particularly strange subspecies.

Thought to be extinct. Hibernates all year until early October, when for a couple of weeks he makes everyone he comes in contact want to kill him, eventually forcing him back into hibernation.

*Modern taxonomy: Tullamarinus dodorus
    Last edited by Ludwig; 14th October 2019 at 06:04 PM.

On the veteran's list
    Article in the HUN behind paywall suggesting GWS will be severely disadvantaged if Swans don't land Daniher. Can I humbly suggest that a way to avoid this happening is to send Patton to Essendon instead of Hawthorn. The injectors say they want a big forward to replace the pubis one. Deal done.

In the same issue of the paper, Jay Clark surmising a three way deal involving picks 5 and 9 to North for Ben Brown who goes to Essendon who then trade JD to the Swans. This he said would be win-win-win. (maybe it would be better to for the Swans to just take BB?)
    Last edited by The Big Cat; 14th October 2019 at 06:22 PM.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Raphus cucullatus* is particularly strange subspecies.

Thought to be extinct. Hibernates all year until early October, when for a couple of weeks he makes everyone he comes in contact want to kill him, eventually forcing him back into hibernation.

*Modern taxonomy: Tullamarinus dodorus
    Tullamarinus dodorus apparently is only compatible with Lloydus deludus.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Article in the HUN behind paywall suggesting GWS will be severely disadvantaged if Swans don't land Daniher.
    Huh???

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Had an on my bike ride today. Plenty of time to think on tranquil rice paddy roads. It goes like this:
    1. We finish all our other trades: Papley, Jones, Cameron, Taylor.
    2. It's Wednesday morning and we tell Dodo that whatever offer we made, it's now off the table.
    3. The clock runs out. Daniher remains contracted to Essendon.
    4. Thursday: Daniher announces he's quitting the club and will stay out of football in 2020 and get his body right.
    5. Meanwhile, the Swans have told Joe that the $800,000 salary lost is not lost at all, but we will add 200k a year to the contract we already offered to him for the next 4 years, 2021-2024, so he is not out of pocket. This money will come from the savings of not having to pay Daniher in 2020.
    6. Daniher walks to the Swans for nothing (Mummy signing) after the draft next year.
    7. Dodo gets sacked.
    8. Matthew Lloyd has his Essendon life membership rescinded.
    9. A desperate EFC hire Ludwig on a million dollar contract to fix up their footy club.
    10. Ludwig changes the name of the club to the Bangkok Bombers and moves the club to Thailand.
    11. Ludwig wins Nobel Prize for literature after writing the book: Too Much Dope, Too Many Dopes : The Downfall of The Essendon Football Club.
    It all sounded so plausible, right up to that last point. Unfortunately the Nobel for literature is for a body of work not a single work, no matter how exalted it's literary merit.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Huh???
    Dunno, can't read the article only the teaser.

Attachment 2256
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Huh???
    Because if the Swans don't get Daniher we'll have pick 5 which we'll use on Tom Green, forcing them to match, rather than getting another player with 6 and then matching a later bid for Green. There's still Adelaide with pick 4, but I think they are more likely to go for an outside player than Green.

Category: | Herald Sun

The Herald Sun understands that, outside of GWS, the Swans and Crows are the only clubs to visit Green’s family home in Canberra, and both walked away super impressed.

The Swans view Green as a possible successor to midfield warrior Josh Kennedy while the Crows have a reputation of holding clubs to account on draft night...

Green, 18, averaged 33 disposals and 159 SuperCoach points in four NAB League matches this season and has three younger brothers, who also qualify for the GWS academy because they live in Canberra.