Page 65 of 521 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Goes up to 11
    Clarke has also freed up George to do his inside thing. So maybe we are a bit more ok with our inside grunt now? So maybe we don't need to worry as much about getting Sier, and focus on a bigger fish perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Clarke has also freed up George to do his inside thing. So maybe we are a bit more ok with our inside grunt now? So maybe we don't need to worry as much about getting Sier, and focus on a bigger fish perhaps?
    If George keeps up his form and beyond, very soon he will be a big fish, as will Jordan, Paps and Aliir. Might be best not to shell out ridiculous money +/-long term contracts greater than 3 years so we can keep these guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Although I would reconsider that for someone like P Cripps!

Veterans List
    Carlton supposedly going for a gun small forward in the off season with Papley mentioned as a possible target.

I say he's not going anywhere....contracted until the end of next season and a Blood through and through.....it's in his genes.

Blues on the hunt for small forward to complement tall timber - AFL.com.au
    Last edited by stevoswan; 19th June 2019 at 11:31 PM.

I read the article on the AFL site that mentioned Papley as a small forward Carlton might be interested in. Absolutely no substance to this baseless speculation. Papley isn’t going anywhere. He’ll stay a Swan and captain the team to a Premiership!

Part of the Cripps trade I would say.

There’s been quite a few of those Papley rumour articles this year. I’m assuming his manager is planting them or lazy journalists are at work. A bit like the endless Stephen Coniglio speculation stories when it looks like he’s absolutely going to stay at the Giants and everyone knows that.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Part of the Cripps trade I would say.
    Hypothetically Barry, would you take Cripps for Papley + second rounder?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    There’s been quite a few of those Papley rumour articles this year. I’m assuming his manager is planting them or lazy journalists are at work. A bit like the endless Stephen Coniglio speculation stories when it looks like he’s absolutely going to stay at the Giants and everyone knows that.
    An interesting exercise would be from the start of a season to note every player moving/targeted article and see how many of them actually happen. Quite a low % I'd reckon. Almost every player drafted out of his home state is claimed to be looking to move home.

It's crap journalism to fill the endless voids in the news cycle, like the trade Buddy stuff of a few weeks ago, came out of no where, every commentator was into it, went back from whence it came, up some journo's bottom!

If you did a list of players least likely to leave the Swans, Papley's name would be very close to the top rather than the bottom.

Move along now, nothing to see here

Warming the Bench
    If Carlton are after a small forward then Ronke seems a natural fit and someone we'd be willing to trade

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    If Carlton are after a small forward then Ronke seems a natural fit and someone we'd be willing to trade

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Except ronke has zero trade value. Cant get a game in the 4tg worst team.

Above, yes I'd take Cripps for papa plus 2nd rounder

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Except ronke has zero trade value. Cant get a game in the 4tg worst team. ...
    We tend to forget that day, last season, when (to quote Hawthorn's banner on the next meeting) "things went Ronke" for them. I don't know whether he is suffering from second year blues or whatever, but I bet (if that's permissible) they would take him in a breath.
    And I further bet that eventually we would be lining up here to ask who the hell let him go.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    We tend to forget that day, last season, when (to quote Hawthorn's banner on the next meeting) "things went Ronke" for them. I don't know whether he is suffering from second year blues or whatever, but I bet (if that's permissible) they would take him in a breath.
    And I further bet that eventually we would be lining up here to ask who the hell let him go.
    Hard to say but the evidence so far would say he lacks disposal skills and overall game sense. But I agree Carlton would potentially take him and give us something decent in return so if a reasonable deal was put in the table, we should take it.

- - - Updated - - -

Except ronke has zero trade value. Cant get a game in the 4tg worst team.

Above, yes I'd take Cripps for papa plus 2nd rounder
    Imagine the hysteria that would generate down in Melbourne!