Page 445 of 521 FirstFirst ... 345395435441442443444445446447448449455495 ... LastLast
Results 5,329 to 5,340 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Senior Player
    I have a gut feeling we get Green.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    I have a gut feeling we get Green.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    How do you see that unfolding Scottee? We bid at 5 and GWS don’t match ? Seems outrageous , particularly if they have already snagged a top 4 pick prior to us bidding , which seems an extremely likely scenario now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need our boy Stuey Dew and his recruiting team at the suns to bid on Greene at 1, that would really screw the Giants !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

should we trade up to pick 3 now that gWS have shown their hand ?

What would Melbourne want in return if keen at all ?

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    should we trade up to pick 3 now that gWS have shown their hand ?

What would Melbourne want in return if keen at all ?
    I've said we should do this from the minute GWS first traded up. Hope we find a way to get Green ... It's going to hurt them to match if we bid on him at pick 5

What would get it across the line with melb ?

I’m guessing gws approached melb prior to Adelaide to trade for pick 3 ? And if so they couldnt agree ?

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Why would they deal with us if they are dealing with Adelaide. We possibly offered them the same deal. Why does that make us dumb? It would be dumb of GWS not to do the deal with Adelaide.
    There was talk earlier in this thread that GWS would give us there 2nd rounder next year. That's better for GWS and better for us. Not so good for Adelaide.
    Someone's got to win, someone's got to miss out.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    There was talk earlier in this thread that GWS would give us there 2nd rounder next year. That's better for GWS and better for us. Not so good for Adelaide.
    That was a hypothetical from me.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Someone's got to win, someone's got to miss out.
    It's not better for GWS if Adelaide then bid on Green with pick 4. Which seemed entirely possible before this trade.

I don't know if Melbourne will bid on Green. But if they believe GWS will definitely match, then it makes sense to bid.

Melbourne have got pick 8 so if GWS have to use pick 4 on Green then that means there is one extra player for Melbourne to choose from at pick 8.

Though if GWS don't match, I think Melbourne will still be happy to pick Green at 3 and then someone like Serong or Ash at 8.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanM View Post
    I don't know if Melbourne will bid on Green. But if they believe GWS will definitely match, then it makes sense to bid.

Melbourne have got pick 8 so if GWS have to use pick 4 on Green then that means there is one extra player for Melbourne to choose from at pick 8.

Though if GWS don't match, I think Melbourne will still be happy to pick Green at 3 and then someone like Serong or Ash at 8.
    Clubs usually have a fair idea what each other are thinking by this stage leading up to the draft. I'm pretty sure GWS are confident that Melbourne won't bid on Green (unfortunately) which is why they pulled the trigger on the trade to move ahead of us, knowing we most definitely will be.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Clubs usually have a fair idea what each other are thinking by this stage leading up to the draft. I'm pretty sure GWS are confident that Melbourne won't bid on Green (unfortunately) which is why they pulled the trigger on the trade to move ahead of us, knowing we most definitely will be.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Maybe. I think we were surprised Blakey fell as far as he did last year.