Page 140 of 521 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190240 ... LastLast
Results 1,669 to 1,680 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    It seems to be a very speculative analysis by McClure. I really doubt that their first pick Is on the table as suggested.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    I'd be livid if we gave up pick 4 for a permanently injured Daniher.

Daniher would be amazing and I would give up pick 4 for him. Even better, would swap Jones/Papley for him.

Has the potential to be the best forward in the comp and there is a case that Essendon have poorly managed his injuries.

Regular in the Side
    Is serong the size we need at 179. I would have thought a Cripps size would be better

We definitely could do with another small forward / mid given Ronke hasn't come on and Hayward's inconsistent year. If we lose Papley, then drafting a Serong like player almost becomes imperative.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Daniher would be amazing and I would give up pick 4 for him. Even better, would swap Jones/Papley for him.

Has the potential to be the best forward in the comp and there is a case that Essendon have poorly managed his injuries.
    I'm more of this view, injury due diligence pending. We are youth heavy and the youth is pretty decent. I think we need an established star now if we want to compete in the short term, which is our stated aim.

Daniher would form an awesome combination with Buddy through his final years. Can you imagine how potent they would be together? I don't think our forward stocks are as strong as people seem to think. I think McCartin is a swingman/defender, Blakey's future (and present) is in the midfield, Menzel is depth. We can rely on Reid as a secondary target, but he can't beat the top defenders.

It's true we need ball winning mids, but these are not mutually exclusive options.

Warming the Bench
    If we were to get Daniher then we need Reid and/or McCartin to play KPD. I wouldn't mind that. Still don't like the idea of throwing a heap of money at another big name forward. Guessing he'd be another Million dollar player for us

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    I'm more of this view, injury due diligence pending. We are youth heavy and the youth is pretty decent. I think we need an established star now if we want to compete in the short term, which is our stated aim.

Daniher would form an awesome combination with Buddy through his final years. Can you imagine how potent they would be together? I don't think our forward stocks are as strong as people seem to think. I think McCartin is a swingman/defender, Blakey's future (and present) is in the midfield, Menzel is depth. We can rely on Reid as a secondary target, but he can't beat the top defenders.

It's true we need ball winning mids, but these are not mutually exclusive options.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    I don't think our forward stocks are as strong as people seem to think. I think McCartin is a swingman/defender, Blakey's future (and present) is in the midfield, Menzel is depth. We can rely on Reid as a secondary target, but he can't beat the top defenders.
    I agree for the most part but I wouldn't forget Sinclair. If Naismith makes his return or we get a decent ruckman in the off-season, Sinclair IMO is as good a hybrid forward/ruckman going around. Plays with serious heart and has been out of position the last 2 years.

With the right trading and some luck with injuries we'll be right up in the mix next year. People seem to forget we were pushing finals until we lost a ruckman and playing without Buddy.
    Last edited by longmile; 22nd August 2019 at 10:09 AM.

jD all the way

50% ruck
    50% key forward

Wow that would be nuts at the right price if he is keen

As an example if Jones can get 650/700k pa at another club and the bombers would take jones and we take JD plus a sweetener then the extra $300k pa we would spend on JD is a bloody awesome deal for our ruck and forward options

We would be such a better team for this trade

Id like Danniher but not by losing pick 4 or anything like that
    Surely 3 games or similar in 2 yrs is the best example of buying low

2nd Rounder and 700k yr
    JD would be licking his lips seeing that Tippo got a "performance" based extension on big money

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I agree for the most part but I wouldn't forget Sinclair. If Naismith makes his return or we get a decent ruckman in the off-season, Sinclair IMO is as good a hybrid forward/ruckman going around. Plays with serious heart and has been out of position the last 2 years.

With the right trading and some luck with injuries we'll be right up in the mix next year. People seem to forget we were pushing finals until we lost a ruckman and playing without Buddy.
    I'm not as bullish on Sinclair. He's an average forward, and an ok ruckman. Master of none.

Swans recruitment should go back in history and learn from our tried and tested premiership-winning formula of recruiting fringe players from other clubs like Ted Richards, Mumford, Josh Kennedy, McGlynn, Mattner, Jolly etc. that turned into gems.
    Last edited by tlock; 22nd August 2019 at 11:16 AM.