Page 212 of 521 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262312 ... LastLast
Results 2,533 to 2,544 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Word on the streets is that Cameron will likely request a trade to the Pies.

Wonder what the Pies will do with the big Cox?
    I thought he nominated Collingwood a week ago?

We don't need Big Cox, we already have Horse.

We have bigger (well, fatter) Cox already!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    Suppose he does. What would Collingwood offer? They have picks 35, 53, 64 and 71. I expect we may make a token trade (perhaps pick 53) to allow Cameron to move to Collingwood for more opportunities. He's only played one game so don't expect more than that.
    Try to get Sier involved. Cameron and a 2nd rounder for Sier.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Try to get Sier involved. Cameron and a 2nd rounder for Sier.
    That is interesting

Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    That is interesting
    Imagine if we signed Sier, Bennell and Murray. I think we would use up our soft cap on drug and alcohol services and minders in these 3 alone!

Veterans List
    Serong up to pick 3 in Twomey's latest top 30 ratings.

After GC get their PP and take Rowell & Anderson, Green is matched by GWS, we will effectively have the third "live" pick, Dees and Crows to select "live" before us, Serong, Young and Ash in those three positions according to Twomey.

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Dont want to trade Paps but if we have 2 smalls next year and maybe Serong this year, that is a very short portion of the 22.

Say it aint so but unfortunately starting to appear there is something in it
    Agreed.

Took a look at what was being said on the BF yesterday and there's a pic of Paps with someone they said was Henry Playfair from Carlton, it didn't look like HP to me. They were deep in conversation having coffee. Don't know where.

Still made me feel sad though.

Hasn't Paps just extended his contract?
    He won't be going anywhere.
    Required player.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

On the Rookie List
    Can you get that to the Kinnear and the team? Sier would be an outstanding get.

He's exciting to watch. He lights the game up. He instinctively knows where the goals are and he interacts beautifully with Buddy. I love watching him play and I think he'd be a real loss. The whole model of aggressively turning your list over to find diamonds in the rough only works if you retain them.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly dooker View Post
    Agreed.

Took a look at what was being said on the BF yesterday and there's a pic of Paps with someone they said was Henry Playfair from Carlton, it didn't look like HP to me. They were deep in conversation having coffee. Don't know where.

Still made me feel sad though.
    Doesn't mean anything until proven otherwise. Playfair was an assistant coach for our forwards when Papley was recruited.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Veteran Site Admin
    I thought Playfair was at St Kilda. Or has he moved since the end of the season? Pretty sure he was highlighted as one of the people milling around on the ground after the round 23 game, congratulating the retirees and generally mingling with the Sydney folk.

(Regardless of whether the person Papley was spotted with was Playfair or not- doesn't look like him to my eyes.)