Page 205 of 521 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255305 ... LastLast
Results 2,449 to 2,460 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Here are draft picks now that WC is finished for the year.

Draft Order Draft Pick #
    SYD 4 Sydney Swans
    SYD 23 Sydney Swans
    SYD 40 Sydney Swans
    SYD 49 Sydney Swans
    SYD 57 Sydney Swans
    SYD 58 Sydney Swans
    SYD 76 Sydney Swans

With Jones and other players, he was a first round pick, so we need to get back a first round pick and more!!

I don't understand the narrative: rival clubs could pick a kid who could turn out to be nothing.

You know what what you got with Jones or Papley.

And if Shield got two first round picks, then Jones is a first round and a second/high third round.

And if Daniher is coming to Sydney, we must get rid of Reid.

Hawthorn need a forward line; just like Hannas, a salary dump.
    doof-doof

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Cainit View Post
    I think we should get something good in return for Jones I suggest
    Jones to St Kilda
    St Kilda 2nd round to port and maybe our 3rd round pick
    Pepper to the Swans

I'd be more then happy with that trade
    St.Kilda don't have a second pick and Powell-Pepper is one of the biggest butchers of the ball in the AFL, looks ok running around but turns it over continuously, not needed at the Swans!

What draft pick we used to acquire Zac Jones when we selected him (number 15 in the 2013 draft for the record) is totally irrelevant now. It's his current market value and our relative bargaining strength that matters. Most pundits seem to think an early second rounder is his current value but hopefully we can get more than that.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I can see the deal being something like Jones and our future 2nd round pick for St Kildas future 1st round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I can see the deal being something like Jones and our future 2nd round pick for St Kildas future 1st round pick.
    This might work for the swans with the potential that they will want both Campbell and Gulden next year and both may go pretty high up in the draft. Gulden just took out the best on ground in the Sydney Prems first grade grand final on the weekend. Thats pretty impressive for a player at under 17 level.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    This might work for the swans with the potential that they will want both Campbell and Gulden next year and both may go pretty high up in the draft. Gulden just took out the best on ground in the Sydney Prems first grade grand final on the weekend. Thats pretty impressive for a player at under 17 level.
    Top 2020 prospect stars in Sydney footy factory's latest flag - AFL.com.au

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post

And if Daniher is coming to Sydney, we must get rid of Reid...
    I wasn't to keen initially on Danniher coming to Sydney but if it means we could push Reid to CHB we could have a McGovern/Barass or Darcy/Howe type of intercepting backline with Reid/Alliir?

And keep developing McCartin as a forward.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I wasn't to keen initially on Danniher coming to Sydney but if it means we could push Reid to CHB we could have a McGovern/Barass or Darcy/Howe type of intercepting backline with Reid/Alliir?

And keep developing McCartin as a forward.
    I love that idea. GWS also have a couple of intercepting lads who are good down back.

On the Rookie List
    I think a lot of what we do at this years trade table will be with one eye on getting both Gulden and Campbell into the club next year.

I noted that Josh and Kyle Dunkleys cousin Adam Dunkley plays for UNSW-Eastern Suburbs. Why were they being such sooks about moving to Sydney? They could have stayed with their uncle and aunty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimitron5000 View Post
    I think a lot of what we do at this years trade table will be with one eye on getting both Gulden and Campbell into the club next year.
    Having looked at Gulden (172cm) and Campbell (178cm), I've realised how small both of them are. I suspect that we might be more inclined to shy away from Serong who is only 178cm. Flanders and Robertson could be chances, both at 182cm. I'm leaning more and more towards Kemp at 192cm for our first pick who would be a great JPK replacement.

Here's a bit of background on Gulden and Campbell;
    https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...04-p5246g.html

I've said previously that Eagles would be a good pick up for us and after yesterday, I now have no doubt. He could play the true fullback role, Melican on 2nd tall and Aliir as intercept mark role. Rampe to play as run and carry / distributer off half back. Mills into midfield.
    Nick Robertson could be handy in Nick Smith's old position too. He played really well on Saturday night.

- - - Updated - - -

And Lewis Taylor - let's go on a Lion hunt!