Page 66 of 521 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

If we gave up papley to get Cripps, we would still have ronke as the small forward. We actually have a surplus of small forwards. Ronke, paps, Menzel, Heywood, etc.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Except ronke has zero trade value. Cant get a game in the 4tg worst team.
    Sure we're the 4th worst team but we have some quality small/mid sized forwards ahead of him, unlike Carlton

Cripps has played 10yrs of footy in 5yrs

I don’t think his bashed up body is who we are after despite him being the player that so many teams would jump at

There is better value

Another fast outside player is who we want

Heeney, Hewett, Jones, Mills, Clarke, Rowbottom and Dawson are our inside rotation
    But our outside rotation needs to increase in ability ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post

I don’t think his bashed up body is who we are after despite him being the player that so many teams would jump at

There is better value

Heeney, Hewett, Jones, Mills, Clarke, Rowbottom and Dawson are our inside rotation
    Agreed and Carlton would want our top pick for the next 5 years

Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    Agreed and Carlton would want our top pick for the next 5 years
    Maybe they’ll let the Crows have him in return for the number 1 pick this year?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    With all due respect to Jack. I think he is on the sidelines due to the concussion he got in his last game. He really hasn't had a chance to get back to form. As far as Macca goes he is now getting repeated soft tissue injuries that will probably see him retire at years end. I think he might be the heir apparent to Longmire.
    +1

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post

There is better value

Agree with this. Outside is where we can struggle big time in midfield. O'riordan could be useful there. If not, maybe we have a trade target.

Senior Player
    If we gave up papley to get Cripps, we would still have ronke as the small forward. We actually have a surplus of small forwards. Ronke, paps, Menzel, Heywood, etc.
    Papley is and will be a much better player than Ronke, imo.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    If George keeps up his form and beyond, very soon he will be a big fish, as will Jordan, Paps and Aliir. Might be best not to shell out ridiculous money +/-long term contracts greater than 3 years so we can keep these guys.!
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Although I would reconsider that for someone like P Cripps!

Clearly no love for Cripps. So if we were to target a "big fish" mid, who do the fellow posters think will be of most benefit to us? Josh Kelly and Whitfield would bring plenty of outside run as would Andrew Gaff. Neither appear attainable unfortunately.

The same people who have "no love for Cripps", probably had no love for Buddy before he became a swan.

There is some magical transformation that happens when the player in question puts on a red and white vest. Quick, can someone photoshop Cripps in a swans top, to get these laggards on board!

The same people who have "no love for Cripps", probably had no love for Buddy before he became a swan.

There is some magical transformation that happens when the player in question puts on a red and white vest. Quick, can someone photoshop Cripps in a swans top, to get these laggards on board!
    In Bazza Veritas

I was pretty livid when I heard that we'd signed Buddy. Back then I didn't have that high an opinion of him, I think because he was a player for the enemy!