Page 8 of 521 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108508 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    What's it with Daniels? Menzel, Hannebery, Bradshaw. All struggling (struggled) to consistently get on the pitch in the 2nd half of their careers. Any other Daniels out there living with the curse?
    I feel a chart coming on. Games each season by Daniels. Does not include Dans (so no Hannebery). Fascinating fact: only 49 Daniels have played the game and the first was in 1993.

You be the judge as to whether they tend to play less over time. And if you asked "compared with what", good question

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    I feel a chart coming on. Games each season by Daniels. Does not include Dans (so no Hannebery). Fascinating fact: only 49 Daniels have played the game and the first was in 1993.

You be the judge as to whether they tend to play less over time. And if you asked "compared with what", good question

Good stats.

Daniel Metropolis debut for the Eagles 1992

And there are a lot of Daniel’s (by birth name) who went by Dan or Danny. That does not, not make them a Daniel just because they choose to shorten their Christian names. The oldest of whom were Dan Moriarty, Dan Collins and Danny Dunne (all of whom were born with the first name Daniel and preferred to shorten it and all had VFL debuts in 1897.

From what I can gather, since the inception of the VFL 31 players have gone by the name of Danny and 23 have preferred Dan in addition to your 49 who were listed under the name Daniel.

Veterans List
    192 cm Irishman joining us for a trial after Beatson saw him in Ireland recently

Love your work Neil.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Good stats.
    Daniel Metropolis debut for the Eagles 1992
    From what I can gather, since the inception of the VFL 31 players have gone by the name of Danny and 23 have preferred Dan in addition to your 49 who were listed under the name Daniel.
    All quite correct. 23 Dans, 29 Dannys, a Dannie, a Danyle and 2 Danes.

Here's a chart of the full set, for completeness.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    192 cm Irishman joining us for a trial after Beatson saw him in Ireland recently
    Full story here:
    O’Connor to train with Swans - sydneyswans.com.au

All quite correct. 23 Dans, 29 Dannys, a Dannie, a Danyle and 2 Danes.

Here's a chart of the full set, for completeness.

Plus three Danielles in the AFLW: Danielle Ponter Adelaide Crows; Danielle Hardiman North Melbourne; Danielle Orr Geelong.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    Like the idea, but GWS as a matter of principle does not trade with us.

How about Kelly from Geelong???

He is exactly what we need and a lot cheeper than Cogs will cost us.

There is the small matter of wanting to go home to Perth, but if you don't ask the question you will never know!
    He wants to leave Geelong to be closer to family in Perth. Out of the question.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    And 1 major injury away from mediocrity, minus a first rounder
    Just like every other player out there except he has a good injury history.

Must be a slow news days if we're rating people with the same first names. I'm tipping that we have the best Lance that's ever played the game.

I was always a fan of the L Whitnall who captained Carlton

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Must be a slow news days if we're rating people with the same first names. I'm tipping that we have the best Lance that's ever played the game.
    I think you overrate the career of Lance Morton

Back onto recruiting (although very impressed by "Daniel" graphs!), I notice Brayden Sier has not been selected again. Around 90kg, 190 cm mid fielder, looked good last year. Could be a target for us?