Page 436 of 521 FirstFirst ... 336386426432433434435436437438439440446486 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,232 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

[QUOTE=Blood Fever;789381]
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post

Not fat but he looks a little portly on the video-.maybe looks different in the flesh.
    He might have one of those body shapes.

Diego Maradona was “stocky” and he was quite handy.

Veterans List
    Listed last year as 175cm & 80kg

Totally see what you mean about Squizzy, BF. But likely it's mostly just his body shape.

I also watched the interview with Dean Cox about his new role. I got the impression that he wasn't 100% thrilled about the change even though he said he "I think it's great!" He starts off saying he had been "moved" into a different role. Later he explains how a strength of the Swans is how they develop people (and I think he's referring to/including coaches) and how it is "challenging" (but in a good way). Finally, he talks up Macca being moved into the midfield coaching role. I got the impression that it wasn't his idea and may not have been his ideal but he's going to make the most of it and see how it works out. And I am happy with that.

I think it's good that the club is shaking things up a bit and challenging people and not settling for the same old. Hopefully the ideas are good. And, critically, they need to bring the players with them as they evolve.

He’s a stocky small fella but gee whiz he looks a touch on the sloppy side in the video. Compare the video of him running around for Brisbane to him running laps at training. Look at the stomach , Definitely had a good off season! Almost got a double chin going!

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    He’s a stocky small fella but gee whiz he looks a touch on the sloppy side in the video. Compare the video of him running around for Brisbane to him running laps at training. Look at the stomach , Definitely had a good off season! Almost got a double chin going!
    I think they spent 60% of the video showing him running laps for a reason. Best the club is less than amused. Wonder if he is under the Will Gould skinfold threshold for being drafted. I guess stu Dew would have failed that test. Derek kickett too.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Hope the footage is deceptive. Maybe he had post season surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Hope the footage is deceptive. Maybe he had post season surgery.
    He needs post season gastric surgery! Reckon there’s a reason he’s been put with Charlie Gardiner to keep him away from Maccas

Senior Player
    He needs post season gastric surgery! Reckon there’s a reason he’s been put with Charlie Gardiner to keep him away from Maccas
    Didn't seem too stressed in the interview. Maybe he's one of those guys who comes good quickly.

Didn't seem too stressed in the interview. Maybe he's one of those guys who comes good quickly.
    Why would he be stressed? He just signed a multi-year deal with the Swans. He's got a touch of the Stewie Dew about his current physique!

This is probably stating the obvious by the Hun, but still worth getting excited about.

Who is your club’s breakout star for 2020?

Category: | Herald Sun

SYDNEY

It was Nick Blakey’s moments of magic as much as the 19 goals and 82 score involvements in 21 games that thrilled Swans fans. This kid just wants the ball in his hands. In a 2019 superdraft, why can’t he emerge as the best of the lot? Big call but he has everything he needs.

Veterans List

He rates our list overall as number 17, with only Gold Coast worse!

I’m quietly confident we’ll finish higher than 17th next year. Maybe he does bear a grudge?
    Of that I am sure....

[QUOTE=Markwebbos;789380]

He rates our list overall as number 17, with only Gold Coast worse!

I’m quietly confident we’ll finish higher than 17th next year. Maybe he does bear a grudge?
    Probably not a grudge, just his opinion.

His ranking of our defence was a total joke, though he is on the money with our rucks. Whether you like it or not, this is a total weak area for us.

I do love it then when looking at our forward line, not much credit given to Papley, yet when he was going to play for Carlton he was lauded as the next big thing.