Page 138 of 521 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238 ... LastLast
Results 1,645 to 1,656 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    surely don't need wood. what's wrong with Haywood
    We don’t need him and I doubt we have enquired about him , just the usual “ Sydney are interested” lazy journalism we get every year about a player likely to leave clubs. Love how they threw Papley’s name into it too, Papley for Wood, yeah, sounds like a fair trade to me ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    According to SEN Breakfast’s Sam Edmund, Mason Wood is reportedly set to be put up for trade, with Sydney one of the teams interested.

Pair of key position Roos linked to moves out the door
    I'd be more interested in McKay than Wood

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    St Kilda is the front runner for Hill reportedly offering him a 900k yearly contract. I think that is overs and hope we don't offering similar money for anyone (Buddy was the exception) because it will bite us in the end in trying to retain our emerging stars. Tippet deal effectively cost us retaining Mitchell.
    See below
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

If Hill is being offered $900k pa what do we think jones is being offered by other clubs ?

$700k pa minimum

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    If Hill is being offered $900k pa what do we think jones is being offered by other clubs ?

$700k pa minimum
    No way, Hill is far more skilled and damaging plus there is a big premium being paid to get him to nominate a club not in contention in the foreseeable future. Jones may be offered more money elsewhere than we want to pay, then it's up to him to decide. If he gets offered big $, we get good draft pick/s.

Head over to the BF trades board, some laughable suggestions from Norf posters about why we should take Wood and a second for Papley. An injury prone tease who's apparently on a $500k contract, must have conned LOLNorf into that after one of his rare good games!

I'm not averse to any player leaving the club. Happy players are more likely to play well. Unhappy players just whinge and bring the general tone down. It's just like any work place.
    What I am averse to is players walking away for nothing. The club seems to always want to be the good guys in these negotiations. It's time to play hardball and grow a pair or two!

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post

Re Jones it simple for me. The guy will want $650k plus pa minimum........I think there are a lot smarter midfielders then Jones in the competition and I would like to use his contract to make an serious offer to another midfielder and or a dominant ruckman given our demise in the clearances

I have never leaned towards liking the options jones takes in attack. I have always found him wanting to put moves on to beat someone to the detriment of the team because the kick that follows ain’t to our advantage

I want a midfielder at the price range jones will attract that gives much more effective inside 50 entries
    I figure Jones will take $400-450 pa Maybe a few rival clubs will offer more. Perhaps the length of the deal is a talking point.

I see mostly good things from Jones. Mind you, not everything, but overall he's a very solid player. Average disposals is the 4th best at the Swans. I figure that Jones takes on the game the way he does because he's been instructed to do so. There was an interview with McInerney where he said the coaches have encouraged him to play his natural game and take on the game whenever he can. If you don't try, then you won't get better at it.

I listened to the latest episode of the "Road to the Draft" podcast by Callum Twomey and Nat Edwards. Interestingly, at the beginning of this episode, Twomey mentioned that Caleb Serong was in the Swans rooms after the game last Friday. I'm unsure if he is a Swans fan but either way, it may suggest a good relationship we have with him prior to the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    I listened to the latest episode of the "Road to the Draft" podcast by Callum Twomey and Nat Edwards. Interestingly, at the beginning of this episode, Twomey mentioned that Caleb Serong was in the Swans rooms after the game last Friday. I'm unsure if he is a Swans fan but either way, it may suggest a good relationship we have with him prior to the draft.
    He's described in the Hun as being like Robbie Gray and Tom Papley!

Twomey said he's a Swans supporter.

Thanks. I didn't hear that bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Caleb Serong could be a good choice for a ball winning midfielder who can kick goals and should be considered if around at our pick.
    Could have been related to a meeting one of our guys had with him while in Melbourne. I don't think GC will be given a priority pick at pick 1; perhaps they'll get one later in the 1st round. So we should be at pick 4 and Serong would very much be the kind of player we'd be looking at selecting.

On an unrelated matter, here is a link describing the Metres gained stat. Jake Lloyd tops the list, so is an interesting read: Metres gained Breaking down the AFL's most misunderstood statistic