Page 214 of 521 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264314 ... LastLast
Results 2,557 to 2,568 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

The info that was shared to me a week ago was from a very reliable source Re JD

there is encouragement from the bombers for JD to look at a long term deal from the swans

Bombers won’t be committing beyond 2020 for a long term deal

JD wasn’t super keen, but his management has been also encouraging him to look beyond the bombers and other melb teams to escape the bubble

Hence the whole message from the bombers that they are “giving JD time out”

The injury concern in particular was not a major worry for the swans re JD and his OP as this is an injury that JPK nursed thru and has come good

But...... if we don’t pick up JD then in my opinion we still have an issue with our Ruck rotation in my opinion and in particular our clearances which is critical for us to start winning more games
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 20th September 2019 at 05:33 PM.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Hayward and Florent extend their contracts to end of 2024 and end of 2022 respectively

Young stars locked in - sydneyswans.com.au
    These two are inseparable, even sign contract extensions at the same time! joyous stuff from two top people.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post

there is encouragement from the bombers for JD to look at a long term deal from the swans

JD wasn’t super keen, but his management has been also encouraging him to look beyond the bombers and other melb teams to escape the bubble

The injury concern in particular was not a major worry for the swans re JD and his OP as this is an injury that JPK nursed thru and has come good

But...... if we don’t pick up JD then in my opinion we still have an issue with our Ruck rotation in my opinion and in particular our clearances which is critical for us to start winning more games
    The fact that the Bombers won't commit long term is a concern. We can only assume it's because they aren't confident in his OP clearing up. If that is the case then that significantly reduces his value surely. A seperate concern is that he's not keen to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post

If there are no injury concerns with JD, he would be a valuable addition to the team. It would probably mean that Papley leaves in order to acquire the pick 7 or 8 to do the trade, assuming that Essendon accepts that deal.

I've acknowledged and agree that JD is a great relief ruckman. We could probably run our ruck division rotating JD, Reid and Aliir. But what we really need is a healthy Naismith and who can say it will ever come to pass. If we don't get Daniher, I would try to hold on to Cameron. We really mishandled his development and I don't blame him for wanting to leave.

Would you be happy with an effective swap of Daniher for Papley, if fitness issues don't come into the equation?

Veterans List
    Five Swans going to the Brownlow Medal count.....JPK, Ramps, Parks, Heens and.......Paps.

I reckon he's staying. We'll have to watch his body language on the night....

Swans ready for Brownlow night - sydneyswans.com.au

Couldn't agree more with your comments, particularly with regard to Cameron. He has has a crap year with injury and as I said before, Cameron along with Dawson and O'Roirdan had great season in the NEAFL in 18 and we were all clamouring for their selection in the seniors without success. Now look at Dawson and O'Riordan, going gangbusters. Just wish Cameron was given the same chance, and if we lose him for nothing, he could turn out to be another Nankervis!!

Will be seriously disappointed if we aren’t looking into Constable. Is the exact kind of player we need right now.

Veterans List
    Zac Jones toured the Saints facilities today.....bye bye Zac.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly dooker View Post
    Agreed.

Took a look at what was being said on the BF yesterday and there's a pic of Paps with someone they said was Henry Playfair from Carlton, it didn't look like HP to me. They were deep in conversation having coffee. Don't know where.

Still made me feel sad though.
    They also said it was his manager. I have no idea what his manager looks like so wouldn't have a clue.

I'm over all this speculation. We need the season to hurry up and finish!

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Zac Jones toured the Saints facilities today.....bye bye Zac.
    AFL trade whispers, rumours, news 2019: Zak Jones St Kilda, Dougal Howard Essendon, North Melbourne | FOX SPORTS

This article is suggesting that Bruce will go to the Dogs and the Saints will acquire their 2nd round pick in return. Jones will go to the Saints and we'll end up with pick 30. Sounds like a rort to me. Surely Jones is worth a lot more than pick 30!

Surely we would demand more than pick 30 for Jones!

If not we should make him go to the PSD.

Depends how much we can free up our sal cap for something more important and maybe covert pick 23 and 30 and pick 40 into something else like a pick 15 ?

This pick 15 could be used for something more important also ?

Or pick 30 could be bundled in with a player traded ?