Page 146 of 521 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,752 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Swans team 2020:

FB: Oriordan, Rampe, Lloyd
    HB: Mills, AA, Dawson
    C: Florent, Kennedy, Jones?
    R: Naismith, Parker, Hewett
    HF: Hayward, Reid, Blakey
    FF: Heeney, Franklin, Papley

INT:
    19. McCartin
    20. Cunningham
    21. Rowbottom
    22. Bell
    23. Clarke?
    24. Sinclair
    25. McInerney
    26. Ling
    27. Stoddart
    28. Melican
    29. Foot
    30. Amartey
    31. Pink
    32. Reynolds
    33. Ronke

39. Wicks
    38. Tucker
    39. Knoll
    40. McLean
    41. Oconnor

Gone
    1. Grundy
    2. Macca
    3. Jack
    4. Smith
    5. Rose
    6. Hirst
    7. cameron

8. Thurlow?
    9. Menzel?
    10. fox?
    11. Maibaum
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

If Zak Jones was playing for another club, he’d be the type we’d be trying to trade for. Hard at it, ultra competitive, 25 next year, takes the game on, speed.... He is not going to win a brownlow but we need him more than a pick 20 in the next draft. I only hope that this is the same situation as Jake Lloyd last year and we announce a his re-signing now the season is over.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    If Zak Jones was playing for another club, he’d be the type we’d be trying to trade for. Hard at it, ultra competitive, 25 next year, takes the game on, speed.... He is not going to win a brownlow but we need him more than a pick 20 in the next draft. I only hope that this is the same situation as Jake Lloyd last year and we announce a his re-signing now the season is over.
    Yesterday's post match would have him thinking "why would I want to leave this"?

I suspect his manager has tested the Vic waters but he'll re-sign.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Spot on

I see Powell - Peppers name being thrown about for potential trade. He could be a good addition at the right price. Port will most probably want Hewett or Dawson, both being SA boys (they can get stuffed) but how about we give them Rose instead (yes, I'm dreaming, I know).

I’d be happy with Powell-Pepper. He’s a bull who is ultra competitive. His disposal is average at best but he’d be best 22 and do a lot of the grunt work instead of JPK and Parker. An early 3rd round pick would do it I would think.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    I see Powell - Peppers name being thrown about for potential trade. He could be a good addition at the right price. Port will most probably want Hewett or Dawson, both being SA boys (they can get stuffed) but how about we give them Rose instead (yes, I'm dreaming, I know).
    Not me; poor off field behaviour, poor disposal on it.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Not me; poor off field behaviour, poor disposal on it.
    Swans always love a bad boy!
    Re disposal, don't know his game well enough but do remember him slotting an awesome goal on a tight angle, about 45 out at the SCG a few years ago.

Veterans List
    Interested in everyone's thoughts on Menzel's chances of staying on after his rather quiet performance yesterday....which was hardly an endorsement for his future worth to the team.

Personally, I'd like him to be given another year....he's come off a debilitating injury from last season and an interrupted pre season and at times has shown smarts our forward line could use.

With a full pre season under his belt, I think those smarts would be on show a lot more consistently and he could compliment our forward mix nicely.....

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Interested in everyone's thoughts on Menzel's chances of staying on after his rather quiet performance yesterday....which was hardly an endorsement for his future worth to the team.

Personally, I'd like him to be given another year....he's come off a debilitating injury from last season and an interrupted pre season and at times has shown smarts our forward line could use.

With a full pre season under his belt, I think those smarts would be on show a lot more consistently and he could compliment our forward mix nicely.....
    Agree- surely he is playing for minimum contract

I would certainly keep Menzel. Seems to have a high football IQ and has a large skill set. A number of times in the NEAFL, he left me wondering, how did he take that mark or how did he kick that goal? The only quibble is that he and Hayward are very similar players, so can we regularly play them both? But still, even if he spent most of next year in the NEAFL, he seems to be popular with our youngsters, a number of whom in interviews, have said how good he is at teaching them skills and going over tapes with them. So, that would almost be enough for him to earn his keep.

- - - Updated - - -

Whoops, forgot to mention that with our age profile, we probably shouldn't be getting rid of too many mature players.

My major knock on him is he can be very hungry. Had a few pings on Sat that could have been passed to a teammate in a better position.