Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: JLT1 Swans v GWS @ Blacktown Saturday 2nd March

Veterans List
    Much better quarter...we were able to get our hands on the ball.

How often did we kick it straight to the opposition in our 50?? Very frustrating.

Umpires don't want to pay holding the ball. Interesting that they penalised Blakey for the Toby Greene studs in the body rule. Hopefully Greene will get penalised when he does it!

Good to see a few goals on the board. Hopefully, that will settle our boys. We have a similar forward 50 entry count, but it counts for nothing if we don't hit up our players. The panic kick is happening out of defense too.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Classy little play from Florent, Reid, and Heeney.
    I thought it was thurlow that kicked the long ball to Reid’s advantage ( according to the commentary anyway ) , first thing Ive seen from him that I really liked ( if it was him ).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh boy !!!!

I’m just going to focus on the new recruits to start with otherwise I might blow a gasket !!!

Clarke “clumsy” - deadset made about 6 shocking disposals

Thurlow - looked solid

A little disappointing. Though I do think that luck was running the Giants way; in that their miskicks and dump kicks were tending to find team mates, while our miskicks and dump kicks usually found Giants. Though they were running with a bit more confidence and purpose.
    I thought that O'Riordan was making a pretty good case for a round one spot, Cunningham again looked sharp and Heeney was the best of a midfield rotation, that hasn't had much influence, so far.

Didn't realise Nicksy was coaching the opposition. That hurts! Get him back over to the right side.

Certainly looking better this qtr which is encouraging! Don't mind Aliir as a back up ruck either, adds a different dimension!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    A little disappointing. Though I do think that luck was running the Giants way; in that their miskicks and dump kicks were tending to find team mates, while our miskicks and dump kicks usually found Giants. Though they were running with a bit more confidence and purpose.
    I thought that O'Riordan was making a pretty good case for a round one spot, Cunningham again looked sharp and Heeney was the best of a midfield rotation, that hasn't had much influence, so far.
    O'Riordan just looks comfortable at the level. Should be a regular this year hopefully which will free up Mills in the middle.

Spoke too soon... always the way! Lol.

I thought Mills looked good in the guts during the third. Yes to AA's athleticism in the ruck on occasion.

That last play by Papley really sums us up... we can look so good in patches but then produce rubbish that you'd expect to see in a reserve grade country league, not from a senior AFL footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Certainly looking better this qtr which is encouraging! Don't mind Aliir as a back up ruck either, adds a different dimension!

I missed the first qtr ( apparently not much anyway !) bit Allir is the only player I’ve been stoked with his effort really , a lot of others have been ok , a lot of others have been pretty poor ! JLT I know but I’d like to see more performers , regardless of result .

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast