Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: JLT1 Swans v GWS @ Blacktown Saturday 2nd March

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Didn't realise Nicksy was coaching the opposition. That hurts! Get him back over to the right side.
    Pretty sure that Adam Schneider is there too. Though it would be nice to have Nicks back. He has a good reputation as an assistant and will probably be a senior coach, one day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    I thought Mills looked good in the guts during the third. Yes to AA's athleticism in the ruck on occasion.
    Aliir's grab from the centre and quick kick was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Pretty sure that Adam Schneider is there too. Though it would be nice to have Nicks back. He has a good reputation as an assistant and will probably be a senior coach, one day.
    Nicks had a spell coaching at Port didn't he?

Pink kick!

Veterans List
    Goal kicking practice is urgently required!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Goal kicking practice is urgently required!!!!
    You can delete the ‘goal’ from front of sentence and it still applies.

Groan, every year ....

I loved the commentary. So refreshing having someone of Roosey's calibre as a former player and coach giving some insight. I take back my request for Matt Nicks. I'll take Paul Roos and throw in a Mr Adam Goodes too. Miss both of them.

Veterans List
    Pretty sloppy disposal. GWS way more poised and skilled. How is that our players can't read where the ball is going at centre bounces. We were seriously killed at clearances there and around the ground. Just puts so much pressure on the backs. Melican is way off the pace as this stage and fumbled and played way off his man.

We have to somehow find a way to move the ball through the midfield rather than continually kick wide to the boundary to a contest.

Pretty disapointing from the Swans.

If they are going to be behind every forward player metres for the year it will be a very long and sad season. We did not attack the footy with any confidence and was very slow in our forward movements.

Our disposal was up the to the standard often past couple years - woeful.

Hopefully we will improve on tonights showing.

Cunningham was very good. Ramps and Heeney solid as usual.

If Papley is in our midfield then we are in for a long year! He is a shocking kick both in terms of accuracy and distance. Can barely kick over 40m. That doesn’t cut the mustard in AFL against elite kicks.

Reid, Mills and Melican all needed the run. Very rusty!

Senior Player
    Good point about Reid, Mills and Melican - all coming off major injury issues.

Sinclair, Heeney and maybe Parker were good. Rampe, Papley, Ronke and a few others not so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Cunningham was very good. Ramps and Heeney solid as usual.

If Papley is in our midfield then we are in for a long year! He is a shocking kick both in terms of accuracy and distance. Can barely kick over 40m. That doesn’t cut the mustard in AFL against elite kicks.

Reid, Mills and Melican all needed the run. Very rusty!
    Sorry but didn't see much of Harry at all. According to the stats sheet he was good. I don't understand why Rowbottom was not used earlier. We were getting flogged in the mids yet he kept him on the bench. This is a kid that can extract.

I was confused by much of the coaching. Sometimes there were glympses of a new style then for most of the match we just did what we have done for years. Sad really. No really new, strategies at all.

Second bottom due to crap coaching.

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    Good point about Reid, Mills and Melican - all coming off major injury issues.

Sinclair, Heeney and maybe Parker were good. Rampe, Papley, Ronke and a few others not so good.
    You have to actually get the ball to your forwards to their advantage for them to be good. Ronke was on a hiding to nothing the way the ball was delivered. What's more our talks were not bringing it down theirs were. Tommy McCartin could teach both Reid and Blakey a lesson there.

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk