B: Buntine Taylor Perryman
    HB: Shaw Finlayson Keeffe
    C: Reid Ward deBoer
    HF: Himmelberg Cameron Bonar
    F: Caldwell Flynn Lloyd
    Foll: Simpson Coniglio Whitfield

Int: Williams Kennedy Hately Taranto Deledio Daniels Cumming Davis
    Emg: Sproule Stein Idun Shipley

I know it doesn’t mean much but I find it exciting to see Heeney and Mills named in the midfield next to each other

Think Pink only makes the cut as the only option to relieve Sinclair in the ruck? What happened to Cameron?

Regular in the Side

JLT match vs GWS

Team has been announced

JLT 1 Squad
    B – Dane Rampe, Lewis Melican, Aliir Aliir
    HB – Jackson Thurlow, Heath Grundy, Jake Lloyd
    C – Harry Cunningham, Josh Kennedy, Jordan Dawson
    HF – Luke Parker, Sam Reid, George Hewett
    F – Ben Ronke, Will Hayward, Tom Papley
    R – Callum Sinclair, Isaac Heeney, Callum Mills
    Interchange – Colin O’Riordan, Robbie Fox, Toby Pink, Ryan Clarke, James Rowbottom, Nick Blakey, Ollie Florent, Justin McInerney

Emergencies – James Rose, Ryley Stoddart, James Bell, Sam Wicks

Article says there are five fresh faces but I think I can see six.

Toby Pink is surely on debut or has he played a previous JLT.

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Team has been announced

JLT 1 Squad
    B – Dane Rampe, Lewis Melican, Aliir Aliir
    HB – Jackson Thurlow, Heath Grundy, Jake Lloyd
    C – Harry Cunningham, Josh Kennedy, Jordan Dawson
    HF – Luke Parker, Sam Reid, George Hewett
    F – Ben Ronke, Will Hayward, Tom Papley
    R – Callum Sinclair, Isaac Heeney, Callum Mills
    Interchange – Colin O’Riordan, Robbie Fox, Toby Pink, Ryan Clarke, James Rowbottom, Nick Blakey, Ollie Florent, Justin McInerney

Emergencies – James Rose, Ryley Stoddart, James Bell, Sam Wicks

Article says there are five fresh faces but I think I can see six.

Yeah Toby is brand spanking new. I'm really pleased fir him. He was the last player taken in the Rookie Draft. He was taken as a project player. He has so much determination. Good on him. I know it is only JLT but most did not think he'd even play that.

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Who is Toby Pink?

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    I am a bit stun that the AFL put this game on the same Saturday night as the Mardi Gras!

Then again perhaps i am not shock at all by their incompetence!
    doof-doof

I agree with you but the game is a practice pre-season game being played at Blacktown. It would have been different if it was being played at the SCG and was a premiership game.

I'm looking forward to see how this squad operates together. We're missing key players up forward, but we have depth down back and solid through the midfield. It may be the strength of team we see quite often this year, given the normal course of injuries, so it should reflect what we are likely to see in the coming season and perhaps beyond. Franklin, Menzel and McCartin should all be back early in the season to shore up the key forward positions.

Rose and Stoddart not good enough even to make a 26 man squad, which gives some hint of our depth (although Rose didn't look all that sharp last week).

A lot of responsibility falls on the coaching staff to mould this young group quickly enough to move the ball well under pressure so that we stay a competitive force in 2019.

At this early stage of the year, I'm optimistic, because I like the group as a whole and the way we are evolving, but feel quite uncertain if we can function like a veteran team that can compete with the best. It's exciting to enter the season with a mix of positivity and anxiety. I'm want to see us perform well, look slick and exciting, more than worrying just about winning.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Team has been announced

I'm sure he played in the first JLT game last season....then disappeared.

Senior Player
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I'm looking forward to see how this squad operates together. We're missing key players up forward, but we have depth down back and solid through the midfield. It may be the strength of team we see quite often this year, given the normal course of injuries, so it should reflect what we are likely to see in the coming season and perhaps beyond. Franklin, Menzel and McCartin should all be back early in the season to shore up the key forward positions.

Rose and Stoddart not good enough even to make a 26 man squad, which gives some hint of our depth (although Rose didn't look all that sharp last week).

A lot of responsibility falls on the coaching staff to mould this young group quickly enough to move the ball well under pressure so that we stay a competitive force in 2019.

At this early stage of the year, I'm optimistic, because I like the group as a whole and the way we are evolving, but feel quite uncertain if we can function like a veteran team that can compete with the best. It's exciting to enter the season with a mix of positivity and anxiety. I'm want to see us perform well, look slick and exciting, more than worrying just about winning.
    +1. You capture the nuances of a supporter's hopes and fears!

Agree re Rose. I thought he gave a good interview a few weeks back and it came across to me that he realised he had to work hard to do better than last season if he is to make it into the firsts, but he must surely have been disappointed in his own performance last week; responsible for one turnover that led to an opposition goal, and there's not much else I remember seeing him do. Surely they'd have put him in the squad if they thought he was any sort of realistic chance of being included in our best 22 at the start of the season.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

Well put, man. Although, as much as I'd like to see us look exciting, I'd take wins first.

I feel our season turns on Reid and Buddy's fitness - both play 75% games together we go a long way, and capacity of Hewett, Mills, and Heeney to help Kennedy and Parker win more midfield contests than last year. Fit Melican and Grundy holding his form to let Rampe play small with help a lot, too.

Is this game being broadcast like last weeks "friendly"? Cant see it anywhere - free to air tv or www.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast