Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: JLT 2019 Game 2: Swans v Suns @ Lismore 1:10pm

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    Be careful with those disposal numbers, as I believe kicking to a contest is counted as an effective disposal, even when the contest is Papley vs Witts (as previously mentioned).
    Disregarding the stats , he was visibly improved yesterday on previous efforts with his disposal. It doesn’t have to be pretty , as long as it is effective and I believe more after than not yesterday he was effective. I think he has the potential to be a very solid player for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given GC are favourites for the spoon and lacking in quality and/or experience across the park, I don't think too much can be read from yesterday's performance. I think Dawson looks like he's ready to become a regular 1st team player. His left boot is just elite - he would have to be the second best kick in the club. Jones looked at home in the midfield. Watching Aliir ruck was reminiscent of the year Goodes was our ruckman. If Melican can get up to speed, we can use Aliir as 2nd ruck, freeing Sinclair to move forward when resting. Other then these 3 performances, the rest was a bit patchy against a GC team which will be lucky to win more than a few matches this year.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Given GC are favourites for the spoon and lacking in quality and/or experience across the park, I don't think too much can be read from yesterday's performance. I think Dawson looks like he's ready to become a regular 1st team player. His left boot is just elite - he would have to be the second best kick in the club. Jones looked at home in the midfield. Watching Aliir ruck was reminiscent of the year Goodes was our ruckman. If Melican can get up to speed, we can use Aliir as 2nd ruck, freeing Sinclair to move forward when resting. Other then these 3 performances, the rest was a bit patchy against a GC team which will be lucky to win more than a few matches this year.
    They matched us on the scoreboard for three quarters....we really only played one decent quarter. Our consistency and effort across an entire match is slightly worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    They matched us on the scoreboard for three quarters....we really only played one decent quarter. Our consistency and effort across an entire match is slightly worrying.
    Ross Lyon has a interesting take on how supporters should view practice matches. Ross reckons don't judge how your team performed over the entire 4 quarters, but rather focus on the best the minutes they produced during the game as this is what they can bring into the season proper.
    Last edited by KSAS; 11th March 2019 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Mills definitely spent all game in defence. I just wonder if it was just for this game to replace Lloyd. Jones played midfield.
    That makes sense to me. And to give the likes of Papley and Rowbottom the chance to play more midfield. I expect to see Mills in the mids come round 1.

Will you be giving us a thread for the NEAFL reserves this weekend? I'm crossing my fingers.

Is a replay of the full game available anywhere? I see highlights have been posted on the Swans website.

Long Term Injury List
    I noticed the players had a type of chant happening in the pregame huddle. I haven’t noticed it before. Does anyone know what they were saying or have seen it before?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910