Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: JLT 2019 Game 2: Swans v Suns @ Lismore 1:10pm

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Jones, Aliir and Papley have been my highlights thus far. Aliir, in particular, is showing some real nous as a makeshift ruckman.

However, I think we need to bear in mind that the contrast between this week and last has a lot to do with the opposition. Gold Coast have the pace and skill to punish us when we turn the ball over (as we did, poorly) on several occasions in the first quarter. But their midfield pressure and defensive structures/nous are a long way short of GWS's.
    Exactly right Liz.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Dawson could be a real forward factor this year. He is a beautiful kick and if he finds enough of the ball could kick 30-40 goals.

Hewett going well - hardly ever plays a bad game this bloke. Aliir is our most versatile player and shows how valuable he will be to us this year. Sinclair needs to be put in cotton wool and wrapped in bubble wrap though.

Veterans List
    I know it's only GC but we have a lot of best 22 players not playing and no rucks, although Aliir is doing some great stuff at the centre bounces.

Need Jones to play midfield, Mills too. Dawson looks a starter for R1. I know lots of people want to retire them but Grundy and McVeigh really do read the ball well and make good decisions.

Let's see what the second half brings, another 14 goals, cough cough!

Senior Player
    The living legend Barry Round.

"Mid strength - its all you can get"

Regular in the Side
    How is Aliir doing so well in the ruck when we are losing the hit outs 33-9. I can't see it live as we have had a Foxtel outage since Wednesday.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    How is Aliir doing so well in the ruck when we are losing the hit outs 33-9. I can't see it live as we have had a Foxtel outage since Wednesday.
    He's doing well after the ruck contest, getting some clearances from the middle.

Allie is having a fair game in the ruck, he is going to have a big year I sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Blakey is our most exciting draftee since Heeney.

I like Blakey, McInerney and Rowbottom. I don't mind Dawson and Thurlow. I'm not impressed with Rose or Clarke. Good to see Reid back, I hope he can manage an injury free season.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I like Blakey, McInerney and Rowbottom. I don't mind Dawson and Thurlow. I'm not impressed with Rose or Clarke. Good to see Reid back, I hope he can manage an injury free season.
    Clarke has been a lot more involved today , his disposal has looked a lot better at Times and he’s done some really good thing. Rose not so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    I know it's only GC but we have a lot of best 22 players not playing and no rucks, although Aliir is doing some great stuff at the centre bounces.

Need Jones to play midfield, Mills too. Dawson looks a starter for R1. I know lots of people want to retire them but Grundy and McVeigh really do read the ball well and make good decisions.

Let's see what the second half brings, another 14 goals, cough cough!
    I think that our backline always looks calmer when McVeigh is there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Blakey is our most exciting draftee since Heeney.
    He's going to be a gun, once he bulks up past his current praying mantis phase.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Not a Rose fan but the guy has only had 23% time on ground (and has an assist) so I think you’re being harsh on him.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast