Thread: What Would Be Better Than Winning A Premiership?

What Would Be Better Than Winning A Premiership?

A Ludwig Homecoming! Of Course!

(It was pretty obvious, so no prizes for getting that one right on the first try.)

After a 6-year absence from Australia, I will be returning to Sydney for a few weeks in May. So even if we are heading for a dismal season, there’s something we all can get excited about. I hope the players can contain their emotions and focus on the footy.

AFLHQ thought it would be good timing to put a Ludwig Round between Anzac Round 6 and Indigenous Round 10. So I’ll be at the Round 8 game v. Essendon on May 10th. Finally the fans get their wish.

All those RWOers who thought they might never get to use those caps they bought on Lud-Bay, will now get their chance to show them off at the game.

I Love Ludwig cap.jpg

It will also help to identify yourself as an RWO member and jump the queue for an authentic robo-signed Ludwig signature in both English and Thai.

Ludwig Signatures.jpg

I suppose some might think there’s no limit to the amount of Ludwig self-promotion, and you’d be right. Even I find it tiring at times, but there ought to be some alternative games for those who don’t play Fantasy Footy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    A Ludwig Homecoming! Of Course!

(It was pretty obvious, so no prizes for getting that one right on the first try.)

After a 6-year absence from Australia, I will be returning to Sydney for a few weeks in May. So even if we are heading for a dismal season, there’s something we all can get excited about. I hope the players can contain their emotions and focus on the footy.

AFLHQ thought it would be good timing to put a Ludwig Round between Anzac Round 6 and Indigenous Round 10. So I’ll be at the Round 8 game v. Essendon on May 10th. Finally the fans get their wish.

All those RWOers who thought they might never get to use those caps they bought on Lud-Bay, will now get their chance to show them off at the game.

I Love Ludwig cap.jpg

It will also help to identify yourself as an RWO member and jump the queue for an authentic robo-signed Ludwig signature in both English and Thai.

Ludwig Signatures.jpg

I suppose some might think there’s no limit to the amount of Ludwig self-promotion, and you’d be right. Even I find it tiring at times, but there ought to be some alternative games for those who don’t play Fantasy Footy.

It's fascinating that the initial letter in Ludwig's name, ล, looks so much like a Greek lambda = λ. This may not be entirely co-incidental. The great linguist, Sir William Jones, was first to postulate that Sanskrit and Greek were cognate languages in an Indo-European language group, and, as we all know, Thai borrows elements from Sanskrit. So Thai and Greek have something in common, and since Odysseus is a fervent nationalist, any connection with things Greek is a positive.

And that final letter in Ludwig, the ก - not a voiced, breathy "k" sound -if I have it arright - but a glottal stop, somewhat surprising, though, as there's no putting a stop to Ludwig.

When Ludwig makes his long awaited return, and you wear one of his self-promotional caps think on these things and say, "And sa-wut dee crap to you too!"

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    It's fascinating that the initial letter in Ludwig's name, ล, looks so much like a Greek lambda = λ. This may not be entirely co-incidental. The great linguist, Sir William Jones, was first to postulate that Sanskrit and Greek were cognate languages in an Indo-European language group, and, as we all know, Thai borrows elements from Sanskrit. So Thai and Greek have something in common, and since Odysseus is a fervent nationalist, any connection with things Greek is a positive.

And that final letter in Ludwig, the ก - not a voiced, breathy "k" sound -if I have it arright - but a glottal stop, somewhat surprising, though, as there's no putting a stop to Ludwig.
    The Thai spoken language is related to the tonal languages from China and Indochina, but the alphabet is supposedly derived from Sanskrit, although I can't see the relation.

The final letterhas a G sound, except for at the end of words, when it changes to a K sound. There is no final G sound in Thai, so it sounds more like Loodwick if you read the Thai as written. ลูดวิกก่ is probably closer to the English sound.

Then there's the case of Eddie Betts.

eddie betts arm close.jpg

I read this as Thai tattoo as: Sheila Lucy. His wife's name is Anna. This is the kind of stuff covered in Ludwig's Footy Journal, although the story seems like it belongs on Footy Classified.

WOW! The extraordinary things I learn on this footy site.