Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Team Selection R1 v Bulldogs

Veterans List
    Tall forward line.

Good to see Dawson get a game ahead of Thurlow (emerg) as despite being different postions, Thurlow didn't do enough for mine.

Clarke definitely earnt his place on a wing and Florent has defied being spied with the blue vest to be on the other wing.

Emergencies are a good crew, Thurlow, Ronke, COR & McInerney who really impressed with his footy smarts in the JLT.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    'Tis a very tall team selected.

I'm not surprised to see Melican named as he has been talked up by the Longmire and McVeigh over the last couple of days, but I think with him and AA (and Reg and Rampe), and then Reid, Buddy and Blakey named (and Sinclair), it just feels like one tall too many.
    Especially the forward line ! Wether they start that way who knows but Papley the only genuine small in there..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Sydney

B: Mills Rampe Melican
    HB: McVeigh Grundy Lloyd
    C: Clarke Kennedy Florent
    HF: Parker Reid Papley
    F: Sinclair Franklin Blakey
    Foll: Aliir Hewett Jones

Int: Hayward Heeney Cunningham Dawson
    Emg: Thurlow Ronke O’Riordan McInerney
    I thought COR had done enough to displace Melican but pretty happy with that line-up. Should really spank the dogs. Swans by 30.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Western Bulldogs

B: Duryea Cordy Crozier
    HB: Daniel Wood Suckling
    C: Hunter Liberatore Macrae
    HF: Gowers Schache Dunkley
    F: McLean Naughton Lloyd
    Foll: English Bontempelli Wallis

Int: B.Smith Richards Dickson Williams
    Emg: Young Trengove Greene Hayws

Changes from JLT2
    In: Dickson
    Out: Hayes Morris Young

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    I thought COR had done enough to displace Melican but pretty happy with that line-up. Should really spank the dogs. Swans by 30.
    Wouldn't be surprised if Buddy was a late out, replaced by small/mid

3 players I thought were good enough to play didn't make the cut: Thurlow, COR and Ronke. The team in tallish, but Allir, Blakey and Franklin can all play through the midfield. It's less to do about height than agility. We're really about average in the talls area with 7 KPPs including ruckmen and we had a problem last year covering multiple tall options going forward for the opposition.

It's a bit of a different look, especially with Aliir in the ruck. So it wasn't a fluke in JLT 2. I wonder how the ruck splits will go between Aliir and Sinclair.

There may be a bit of anticipation for the Adelaide game, playing Reg and Melican together, with the option of dropping Aliir back, or playing him on Tom Lynch. I thought we would choose Thurlow over Melican, but that was anticipating Aliir in defence.

We may read from this that Sam Reid's backup ruck days are over.

In the end, it's a pretty good side that should dominate in the air. Our midfield is strong as well. It's nice to have the depth with 3 good players left out of the senior side and several more not far off being ready for senior footy (Jack, McCartin, Menzel, Smith and Cameron).

As good as it gets
    Solid team
    Ronke/cunningham only thing but still a 50/50

Aliir named as our main ruck, or am I missing something?

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm really getting pretty excited for the game. Line up looks great- forward line on paper looks very tall but I assume they won't line up exactly like that too much.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Swans are playing silly buggers with the naming of the team. No way will Allir be in ruck first up with Sinclair in the side. No way Mills in back pocket and no way Heeney on the bench. I could go on. My bet Sinclair in ruck, Heeney in the middle from first bounce with Hewett or Parker. Grundy will be full back and Allir CHB. Jones maybe on back flank and McVeigh in back pocket. Maybe Blakey on half forward flank with Papley in forward pocket. But I also agree that Buddy may not play if any doubt.

Looks a good selection. I’m very glad to see Dawson in – his marking and that beautiful kicking has been impressive, so I hope he makes the most of the opportunity. Conversely, I like Ronke but am glad to see him out of the team this time, as he hasn’t seemed at his best for a while, including the JLTs. I hope Reid’s body doesn’t let him down, and feel a measure of concern at Aliir taking on ruck duties; his ground-level work in JLT2 was great, but the prospect of him getting injured in taking on the physical demands of ruck work worries me. The team seems to have enough flexibility to suggest that it could respond to injury or other contingencies on the day. It would be no surprise at all if they don't line up as named, but I hardly think there's any attempt or desire to fool anyone.
    Go Bloods!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Without Ronke, ORiordan and Thurlow it feels like our team is a little slow. Hope to be proved wrong.