Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Selection R1 v Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Dawson should be given his chance. We lack a bit with not a lot class kickers, especially with Buddy out. Blakey can wait a bit but Dawson needs to take his chance and show more intensity and endeavour. Hope he's not a tease in the Jesse White tradition.
    He is regularly getting 30-40 touches in the 2's. Can't say Jesse ever did that.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    He is regularly getting 30-40 touches in the 2's. Can't say Jesse ever did that.
    Fair point but if he plays Round 1, it will be up forward. 15 touches and 3 goals plus some goal assists would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Who can forget Geelongs one game Whiskas sellout
    I believe it wasn’t a Geelong sellout. I think Gary Hocking changed his name by Deed Poll to Whiska’s for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilcott View Post
    I believe it wasn’t a Geelong sellout. I think Gary Hocking changed his name by Deed Poll to Whiska’s for a week.
    He did as part of a team-wide sellout. The club played in orange i seem to remember

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    He did as part of a team-wide sellout. The club played in orange i seem to remember
    Wasn’t that Norf who went orange ? For orange mobile I think it was ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could be right. Now I think it was purple. They definitely played in a special Whiskas kit.

Regular in the Side
    Are we sure that Sinclair can play in Round 1? He was pulled out from JLT2 very late without any reasons given. Nobody asked John at the post match press conference. (No outside journalist was there anyway!) They said Lloyd was sick but what happened to Sinclair? When AA was interviewed, he mentioned that Horse asked him about playing the Ruck a few days earlier. Gardiner did not mentioned Sinclair in the injury update at all. Then a Ruck/Forward was recruited all of a sudden when we had a defender injured . Has anyone seen him training after the JLT2? I do hope that Sinclair will play but just know that the Club has not been transparent on everything for some good reasons.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Are we sure that Sinclair can play in Round 1? He was pulled out from JLT2 very late without any reasons given. Nobody asked John at the post match press conference. (No outside journalist was there anyway!) They said Lloyd was sick but what happened to Sinclair? When AA was interviewed, he mentioned that Horse asked him about playing the Ruck a few days earlier. Gardiner did not mentioned Sinclair in the injury update at all. Then a Ruck/Forward was recruited all of a sudden when we had a defender injured . Has anyone seen him training after the JLT2? I do hope that Sinclair will play but just know that the Club has not been transparent on everything for some good reasons.
    The Sinclair situation is indeed intriguing. One would assume he was pulled so that he could make round one but the fact that no one at the club has said anything re: his ?injury/sickness does make it a bit 'up in the air'. He's not on our injury list so maybe we can assume he was just ill but, as you point out, lack of transparency, coupled with the sudden recruiting of a tall forward to replace an injured defender, is clouding things somewhat......

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    lack of transparency, coupled with the sudden recruiting of a tall forward to replace an injured defender, is clouding things somewhat......
    just sydney things. Business as usual. The clubs tighter than fort knox.

I don't think anything is wrong with Sinclair and they just wanted to keep him in cotton wool and not risk him getting injured pending round 1 and while Naismith and Cameron are unavailable/underdone. Suggests we are not very keen to call in Amartey if it comes to that.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Suggests we are not very keen to call in Amartey if it comes to that.
    Amartey is still on the recovery trail from a knee injury he sustained towards the end of last season. So I don't think it says anything about the club's willingness to play him, other than he's not yet available.

That said, he showed raw promise last year but looked like he had some way to go before being ready for senior football.

Thanks for pointing out injury to Amartey. Agree that he is not that close to playing seniors.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast