Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Selection R1 v Bulldogs

My thoughts on the first 22 against the Doggies are as follows. FB McVeigh, Grundy, Thurlow. HB Rampe, Alir Alir, Lloyd C Jones, Kennedy, Florent, HF Hayward, Franklin, Dawson. FF Papley, Reid, Blakey Foll Sinclair, Parker, Heeney I/C Hewitt, Cunningham, Clark, Mills Emergencies Melican, O'Riordan, Ronke If Buddy isn't included, then I would move Parker to the half forward line, very mobile on the fast Marvel Stadium track, and include Hewitt into center and surprisingly elevate McCartin onto bench for key forward support for Read in case he isn't firing.

Sounds like Melican expects to play round 1 based on his interview up on the Swans' website, and Buddy also seems ready to play if he wants. I've got 25 players legitimately in the mix to play on Saturday, and only have 13 as locks, so I shouldn't be surprised by those not selected, unless it comes from the 13. That comes down to 9 places for 12 players. Fox and McCartin not in the mix, IMO.

Veterans List
    Longmire confirmed in his press conference that Sinclair didn't play in the second JLT game as a precaution due to our limited ruck stocks. This is what most of us suspected but it was good to know there was no injury issue.

I'm concerned if Buddy plays after a limited preseason.

Veterans List
    Buddy is probably fitter than he was last season. I suspect with the new 6,6,6 set up he will play out the square. On the lead he will be lethal because players wont be able to drop back on him. That is if we win the pill out of the guts. This has never been more critical.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Buddy is probably fitter than he was last season. I suspect with the new 6,6,6 set up he will play out the square. On the lead he will be lethal because players wont be able to drop back on him. That is if we win the pill out of the guts. This has never been more critical.
    A lot of experts have tipped us to struggle with the new 6-6-6 due to our habit of dropping an extra back. This is true but it certainly opens up space for our star forward who rarely gets a one on one or a lot of space to move in . This has been largely ignored by these experts. Again, it all depends on what happens in the middle at centre bounces first .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Morris reported tonight On The Couch that the Bulldogs intel is that Buddy won't be playing this Saturday despite reports of him training well this past week.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Tom Morris reported tonight On The Couch that the Bulldogs intel is that Buddy won't be playing this Saturday despite reports of him training well this past week.
    Longmire did bang on a lot yesterday about the need to pick a team mindful that each week is important, not just round 1.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    With our foot skills we would probably kick it over his head or a metre short.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckie View Post
    This is the first thing I thought of. I hope they worked on their delivery in the pre-season, it was a weak-link last year.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I don't think anything is wrong with Sinclair and they just wanted to keep him in cotton wool and not risk him getting injured pending round 1 and while Naismith and Cameron are unavailable/underdone. Suggests we are not very keen to call in Amartey if it comes to that.
    Longmire yesterday:

“Sinclair was fine last week; we just didn’t want to risk him because our ruck stocks were a fraction thin. He’s been training fine so we’d imagine he’ll be right this week. The bonus of last week's JLT game against Gold Coast was seeing how Aliir went in the ruck. He provided real zip around the contest and some good jump at the centre bounce, and he found plenty of the ball as he was running forward. So we were happy with the way he went.”

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    That would be the same Tom Morris who had Tom McCartin never playing again? The little bloke is a waste of space!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie View Post
    That's why Dawson must play, re-watched JLT2, didn't miss a target with his beautiful left foot, so much better than the rest of the butcher boys! Can take a grab too.

Veteran Site Admin
    Buddy firms for round one after strong training session - AFL.com.au

I hope he doesn't firm too much, especially around the groin area.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast