Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round One Weekly Discussion Thread.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    By the way, Rance has officially done his ACL and is now listed as out for the season. Tough luck for the Tigers. Probably still a premiership threat though.
    I wouldn't normally make such a tasteless comment but we might be in for a "flopping" free 2019 :-)

Wonder who will go to Buddy in R5 at Docklands?

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    I wouldn't normally make such a tasteless comment but we might be in for a "flopping" free 2019 :-)

Wonder who will go to Buddy in R5 at Docklands?
    I managed to restrain myself, but it was difficult.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Seems like you could make a pretty handy team with all the Swans we've lost post-Tippett.
    ....and a crystal ball....which he or no one at the Swans have. Easy to be a post event expert....

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Seems like you could make a pretty handy team with all the Swans we've lost post-Tippett.
    Well we have not officially lost Tippett yet as he is still on our rookie list. He seems to be pretty fit still with his swimming so there is still the very remote possibility that he could be Mr. September similar to Clark Keating for Brisbane. I don't expect it but why has he not been officially removed from our list?

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Fantasy points leaders in the match were both ex Swans Newman and Nankervis both with 115. Miss them both.
    Newman couldn't get a regular game and Nankervis would now be behind Sinclair and Naismith.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    By the way, Rance has officially done his ACL and is now listed as out for the season. Tough luck for the Tigers. Probably still a premiership threat though.
    Nuh. Without Rance there is no backline.

- - - Updated - - -

he could be Mr. September similar to Clark Keating for Brisbane. I don't expect it but why has he not been officially removed from our list?
    He has to stay there for salary cap reasons.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Newman couldn't get a regular game and Nankervis would now be behind Sinclair and Naismith.
    Naismith return delayed again after another operation. -- Knee surgery to delay Sydney ruckman’s return - AFL.com.au

Veterans List
    Well we have not officially lost Tippett yet as he is still on our rookie list. He seems to be pretty fit still with his swimming so there is still the very remote possibility that he could be Mr. September similar to Clark Keating for Brisbane. I don't expect it but why has he not been officially removed from our list?
    I have always wondered about that and have found myself hoping for a fairytale return where he would finally deliver on his massive contract and help us win our next flag.....by starring.

I like to be optimistic.....

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Terrible news about Rance, I know he cops a bit of criticism but I thoroughly enjoy watching him play and battle with the best forwards whenever I get a chance.

I wonder if this will open the door for Phil Davis to earn an All-Australian guernsey (if he can stay on the park)? He's been on the cusp for a few seasons now. Obviously I'd prefer a fairy tale and for Reg to take the default Rance AA place.
    Last edited by stellation; 22nd March 2019 at 07:05 PM.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Rohan-watch tonight.

Veterans List
    Collingwood v Geelong. I've optimistically tipped the Cats. I have to say Gary Rohan looks ok in a Geelong jumper and I wish him all the best at his new club and good luck for tonight.

Veterans List
    Rohan two possessions in the first minute!!! What is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Rohan two possessions in the first minute!!! What is going on?
    Those are his 2 for the first quarter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast