Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Round II team

Round II team

Let's move on from a poor start.

In: cor & mc inerny

Out: grundy & mc veigh

Veteran Site Admin
    Out McVeigh???

He was one of our better players on Saturday.

Ronke and Thurlow/COR for Blakey and Melican.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

In: COR and Thurlow as defenders

Out: Melican and Clarke

Mills to play midfield like he should be and Aliir to drop back to defence.

Melican played a terrible game, he needs to refind his form. Clarke was okay but we need to free Mills up to play midfield.

I'd persist with the tall forward line for the moment.

Also great news to hear Jack played a great game in the ressies, sounds like he has refound some form. Lets hope it persists, would love to see him back on song and in the team
    Last edited by longmile; 25th March 2019 at 12:52 PM.

Reg for Thurlow
    Sinclair +80% in ruck
    Dawson to take 3 steps and kick it as long as possible everytime
    Mills into mid
    Heeney more mid time than Kennedy
    Papley deep forward

In COR Rowbottom
    Out Melican Clarke
    Need some more grunt on ball. Look at all the 18 y.o. who stood up over the weekend. JPK to spend more time in forward line. Papley to stay deep. Blakey push up to wing more. No more side ways kicking from kick ins.

I would only bring in COR or Thurlow for Melican. We need to make some positional changes for Adelaide more than anything:

Aliir in defense
    Mills up the ground
    Heeney in the midfield
    Kennedy on half-forward

Let's give this lineup another chance as it did begin to click for us in the last quarter - we just need to shake off the rust and find some consistency.

Melican will offer more as a mobile defender than Reg, put him with Alir Ramps and co and that is a solid defence, just needs a few games.
    If you have played over 250 games like Reg has and all of a sudden your in the ruck it means you have been given a game on reputation and not what is best for the team.

Love Reg but he is insurance nowadays for Alir and Ramps

Mcveigh is slow but a fast thinker, we cant carry another slow defender especially a tall

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Ronke and Thurlow/COR for Blakey and Melican.
    Agree with this and would add, another performance like R1 from Clarke should see him dropped.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Out Reg, in COR or Thurlow, and possibly someone else (Not sure who) for Ronke or perhaps KJ. Dawson or Blakey perhaps going out, though I want to see Dawson given a proper run of games, and Blakey didn't do too much wrong either.

I wouldn't drop Clarke - not that he played well the other night, but I think we need to give him a reasonable chance to find his feet in the Sydney team and build up some confidence and form. I don't think giving him a single competitive game and dropping him would form a good start to his time at the club.

And also IN - playing players in their best position rather than here there or anywhere, in particular Papley.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Out Reg, in COR or Thurlow, and possibly someone else (Not sure who) for Ronke or perhaps KJ. Dawson or Blakey perhaps going out, though I want to see Dawson given a proper run of games, and Blakey didn't do too much wrong either.

I wouldn't drop Clarke - not that he played well the other night, but I think we need to give him a reasonable chance to find his feet in the Sydney team and build up some confidence and form. I don't think giving him a single competitive game and dropping him would form a good start to his time at the club.

And also IN - playing players in their best position rather than here there or anywhere, in particular Papley.
    I didn't think Clarke was any worse than all but a couple of our players on Saturday, and his contribution was greater than several. I agree with you that I wouldn't drop him. It will take him a little time to find his feet in a new system. It's one thing learning it at training but another thing in the heat of a game.

I'm bewildered at the suggestion (by some) that JPK should be moved out of the centre onto a forward flank. Onball is where Kennedy has excelled for close on a decade. Even last season (probably his poorest since he joined the Swans) he still ranked near the top of the AFL for clearances. If people are bemoaning the team's lack of ability to win clearances, why move the most proven clearance player away from his prime position. If people think he no longer has the ability to win clearances (and I don't think there's actually any evidence of that yet), he should be out of the team, not occupying a position that doesn't play to his strengths.

Not sure Longmire has found a good loophole with the new kick in rule either...
    Only team that gets 20m to kick it in and somehow ends up 15m from defensive goal for our second kick

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast