Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Round 1: Western Bulldogs v Sydney Swans @ Marvel Stadium

Regular in the Side
    was at the game, we were terrible and the umps were not much better, free kicks at important stages of the game which turned out goals ,but this was not the reason for the loss. Slow ,kicking long to no one handball at any cost. back line disjointed leave Alir there back don't need rest maybe onballers do, When Alir is there we are better, Reg is finished miles to slow did not know where is was. Need Ben R to put some pressure on up fwd. Selectors want every one to be an onballer, Paps used to be able to scramble up fwd but is buggered running as an on baller. Agree Clarke poor but not the only one.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    I am starting to agree about Kennedy but I think Parker is OK. He played well in the last half.
    Stats-wise, Kennedy and Parker had similar, decent numbers - Kennedy 22p, 10cp, 7 cl, 7t; Parker 22p, 11cp, 6 cl, 7t. The trouble is that they led all Swans in the latter three categories. Need more from Hewett, Heeney and Mills.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    We were absolute garbage. The only positive that I could see was Buddy got through the game.

Where was Parker for 3 quarters?

I see nothing in Dawson that suggests he might be up to the top level. Soft and appears to not like the hard contest.

Hayward: hasn't changed. Disappears for long periods and gets to few contests. Missed set shots. His position in the team must now be questioned.

Melican: I think it is the worst game I have seen from a Swans player, ever. In the first half almost all of the goals for them were due to his mistakes or slowness or playing from behind. I am sure he stood the mark for most of their set shots in the first half. His JLT form was bad but this was simply off the chart poor.

Mills: disposal was horrible.

Plenty of players worked hard but boy we had some passengers. From the reserves report some players deserve to be considered for the 1's next week. Rowbottom looks a cert, Ronke and Jack will probably come back. Ronke has to play; we had no opportunist up front all game.
    Panicking after one poor half. Eagles and Demons just as poor.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    I am starting to agree about Kennedy but I think Parker is OK. He played well in the last half.
    This is what i have been saying for a while.

JPK just jogs around the ground, and has no leg speed at all.

This may have work when there were lots of ball ups but not now; he has to go to the forward pocket or retire.

The rule changes has made him extinct in his present form.

Paps is not a midfielder, leave him in the forward line.

Happy that Reid actually look for ten minutes like he was an AFL footballer; but still couldn't hit the side of a barn.

His kicking at goal is appalling, now that he can run perhaps some goal kicking training is in order.

We must find some average midfielders; this has been the problem for the last two years.

We don't win the centre and thus have to rebound out of the back line, almost guarantee we lose the game!
    doof-doof

Plan B. Throw Grundy in the ruck.....that's gotta work!

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I daresay that was more about the state of Reg's game than the state of the game overall.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Parker did have a great last quarter. I was very frustrated with a lot of fumbles from him prior to that though. Compare him to The Bont.

Obviously it's only round 1 so hopefully he turns it around.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's hard to tell from the television whether we effectively have no half forward line for most of the game, or if we have no penetration on long kicks coming out of half back.

Has Dawson spent much time playing in defence? I wouldn't mind a look at seeing him on the receiving end of some of the handballs that go to Lloyd to get the ball out of the back half.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

To many players that are coming back from injuries was my take on the game. Some have not realised that the game has changed and they need to adjust their playing style. (Perhaps our plan was. If everything went well, they players would not need to train hard and improve for the rest of the season.)

I will be looking for improvement, as the weeks roll on. If the Swans are 3-3 after 6 rounds then we are ok. Any less and I will be worried for the season.

Game has changed and Swans will change. Typically, we are slow learners and it will take a while to re-educate new game plans. I am hopeful that the Swans have a plan b, c or d up someone’s sleeve. And they implement it soon... Because if we don’t, it will be a long winter and with game of thrones may be the only high point...

BTW
    Any chance the hammer can be stuck somewhere less pleasant, for dogs fans next time please .... be your own superhero’s and play with intensity for 100 minutes!

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    I thought Dawson was really poor last night. A lot of sloppy disposal that caused unnecessary pressure or turnovers.

Melican, Reid, Buddy all better off for the run.

I’d still expect at least two changes heading into next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    I thought Dawson was really poor last night. A lot of sloppy disposal that caused unnecessary pressure or turnovers.

Melican, Reid, Buddy all better off for the run.

I’d still expect at least two changes heading into next week.
    He certainly was but I wouldn’t drop him . He’s shown what he can do in the 2’s, needs an extended crack in the 1’s now. He wasn’t alone in being poor last night ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    One was reminded of the inability to find Grundy a suitable matchup in the second half of last year.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast