Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round II team

Senior Player
    Ronke and Thurlow for Clarke and Grundy.

Walker towelled us up last year - too big for Rampe, too quick for Grundy. Melican is theoretically a good match up for him. Grundy is probably a reasonable fit for Jenkins, but I doubt we can play them both again. I also feel we can handle Jenkins.

From Longmire's presser, I get the sense they want to play Ronke, but apparently he got a knock to the knee and is questionable.

It'll be interesting to see who plays on Betts - Lloyd?

Much talk about defence but I thought the forward half was unbalanced for most of the game, we missed the pace of Ronke and dare I say i. .. Rohan applying pressure in our FWD 50.

Out Blakey in Ronke
    Out Grundy in Thurlow

Cheers

Waz

Veterans List
    Betts and Jenkins get a lot of their goals from the ball getting over the back and those two running into open goals, Hawks stopped that on the weekend.

Selection this week critical, not sure what I want us to do as I haven't watched the Dogs game yet but we looked too tall on paper.

Kieran Jack is apparently up for selection this week after getting through NEAFL last weekend. Not sure how well he played, would like to see him put in a string of good performances before being considered. They might consider dropping either Clarke or Florent for him, but you'd think Ronke would be ahead of Jack in the queue (if he is 100%). Last week's emergencies all have a case to be selected, so it will be interesting how many changes they make after last week's performance and matching up with Adelaide this week.

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Kieran Jack is apparently up for selection this week after getting through NEAFL last weekend. Not sure how well he played, would like to see him put in a string of good performances before being considered. They might consider dropping either Clarke or Florent for him, but you'd think Ronke would be ahead of Jack in the queue (if he is 100%). Last week's emergencies all have a case to be selected, so it will be interesting how many changes they make after last week's performance and matching up with Adelaide this week.
    On the injury update they said KJ would play two’s again this week and then after that would be up for selection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will be interesting how our defence lines up this week.

Crows are very different to the Dogs.

Walker, Jenkins, Lynch, Fogarty, and Jacobs...Not sure if all these guys are available, but even without 1 or 2 of them, they are still a relatively tall proposition.

Not sure we can afford to leave out any of our tall defenders.

Quite a conundrum, because we could desperately do with some pace coming out of the backline...ie: COR or Thurlow.

And with a pathetic 5 tackles laid in the forward 50 by our forwards last week, we need more pace for forward pressure...ie : Ronke.

So for mine :

OUT- Blakey, Dawson

IN - Ronke, O'Riordan

But I suspect if we have no injuries Horse will go in with the same 22.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Grundy has to go
    Bulldigs did just fine without too many tall defenders

Goes up to 11
    Will Harry get Eddie this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    On the injury update they said KJ would play two’s again this week and then after that would be up for selection

Thanks MB. Just saw the injury report (had trouble doing so yesterday). Good to hear McCartin will also be up for selection next week after another game in the two's. Menzel won't be available till R7 at best it seems. Naismith is still long way off unfortunately. Back half of season my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Will Harry get Eddie this week?
    Would seem one of the more likely match ups in terms of size and pace , but most of Harry’s very good shutdown jobs have been on more outside wingers or half back flankers rather than crafty small forwards. Could get exposed ... not sure who else could be used though. That’s going to be a tough match up for us

Sometimes it feels like I’m living in a parallel universe. The noises coming out of the club make no sense. Kieren only played 60 minutes now they are talking about picking him against the Crows!

https://m.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2019-03-25/three-swans-eye-the-crows

The SCG clash with the Adelaide Crows could see 248-game Swan Kieren Jack and young forwards Ben Ronke and Tom McCartin return to the fray.

Longmire said Jack and McCartin got through Saturday’s NEAFL practice match against the Canberra Demons unscathed, while he’s confident a knee complaint sustained in the game won’t hinder Ronke’s chances of suiting up against the Crows.

“Kieren and Tom played on the weekend and both got through really well, which is a good sign. We’re not sure where that sits them in regard to senior selection this week – whether they’ve done enough. But we’ll talk about that this week,” Longmire said.

“Ben has had a slight knock to his knee but we’re hoping that’ll be okay. If he’s able to get through our training session on Wednesday he’ll be in with a chance. We’ll look at the mixture of the team and what it looks like, and what Adelaide’s team looks like will come into as well.”

The NEAFL practice match saw Jack make his first appearance of the year after a pre-season hampered by a knee injury, but the former co-captain played 60 minutes of the game ...

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Sometimes it feels like I’m living in a parallel universe. The noises coming out of the club make no sense. Kieren only played 60 minutes now they are talking about picking him against the Crows!

Three Swans eye the Crows - sydneyswans.com.au

The SCG clash with the Adelaide Crows could see 248-game Swan Kieren Jack and young forwards Ben Ronke and Tom McCartin return to the fray.

Longmire said Jack and McCartin got through Saturday’s NEAFL practice match against the Canberra Demons unscathed, while he’s confident a knee complaint sustained in the game won’t hinder Ronke’s chances of suiting up against the Crows.

“Kieren and Tom played on the weekend and both got through really well, which is a good sign. We’re not sure where that sits them in regard to senior selection this week – whether they’ve done enough. But we’ll talk about that this week,” Longmire said.

“Ben has had a slight knock to his knee but we’re hoping that’ll be okay. If he’s able to get through our training session on Wednesday he’ll be in with a chance. We’ll look at the mixture of the team and what it looks like, and what Adelaide’s team looks like will come into as well.”

The NEAFL practice match saw Jack make his first appearance of the year after a pre-season hampered by a knee injury, but the former co-captain played 60 minutes of the game ...
    I mentioned earlier In the thread but it was made pretty clear by Gardiner in the injury update that KJ would be playing NEAFL this week and only after that would be considered for selection, so I’d be surprised if he were selected based on that. I don’t think Longmire really hints that he is in the frame either , probably more just mentioning that we do have some ‘options’ that could be looked at to remedy the shambolic effort of last week.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast