Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 2 Weekly Discussion Thread

What’s the handbrake ?

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    And the Crows women played superb attacking football.
    Some of the best team football I have seen in a while. The standard has improved immensely since the first year. Looking forward to seeing young Kirk, O"Loughlin and Davis ect running around in the red and white.

Regular in the Side
    I am feeling a little better about round 1 now having seen the Dogs kick eight unanswered goals in the last quarter to run down the Hawks. Seeing the Hawks get done is always good and it makes our loss to the Dogs a little better looking not that I have any love for the fairypuppies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    What’s the handbrake ?
    Need the new facilities which will be developed at Moore Park. There is simply no room at the SCG for additional facilities and the Club doesn’t want to send the women elsewhere (and elsewhere would likely be Blacktown).

And the Swans need to get a licence first ....

“The centre will also be home to the Sydney Swans NEAFL team and QBE Sydney Swans boys and girls Academies, while importantly it will provide the necessary capacity and infrastructure to enable the Swans to establish a future Sydney Swans women’s team.”

Sydney Swans secure new home for HQ & Community Centre in Moore Park - sydneyswans.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    I am feeling a little better about round 1 now having seen the Dogs kick eight unanswered goals in the last quarter to run down the Hawks. Seeing the Hawks get done is always good and it makes our loss to the Dogs a little better looking not that I have any love for the fairypuppies.
    Yes lots of fun watching that. And the expression on Clarkson’s face!

Veterans List
    The atmosphere at the AFLW final was fantastic and what a huge crowd.....I am assuming people would pay for the Grand Final? Either way, a great promotion for the W game.

I see Brisbane won again after North lead for most of the game.....they are dangerous.

.....and the Dogs? 9 goals to 1 in the last to overrun the Hawks. We're a chance against the Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Some of the best team football I have seen in a while. The standard has improved immensely since the first year.
    Totally agree. I’m so proud of all the women playing AFLW.

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    What a funny game footy can be. Dogs hit the wall last week and barely hung on despite a large lead at 3/4 time, then this week kick 9 of their 16 goals in the last quarter to come home with a wet sail...
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    The atmosphere at the AFLW final was fantastic and what a huge crowd.....I am assuming people would pay for the Grand Final? Either way, a great promotion for the W game.

I see Brisbane won again after North lead for most of the game.....they are dangerous.

.....and the Dogs? 9 goals to 1 in the last to overrun the Hawks. We're a chance against the Hawks!
    Was free entry for the AFLW final - but impressive crowd nonetheless!

Annoyed about Brisbane, had tipped them, then talked myself out of it!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Yes lots of fun watching that. And the expression on Clarkson’s face!
    A beautiful thing!

Does anyone wish Longmire had handed over to Stewie Dew a couple of years ago?

Veterans List
    To be fair to the Hawks they only had 2 players available on the bench so they tired in the last quarter. It was nice to see them lose though after having a 5 goal lead. And it was fitting that the turd Sicily contributed to the loss with his brain fades 😊.

Essendon have really lost the plot. At one stage there were 2 Essendon players chasing the ball to the boundary and they both went through the interchange and left the saints player to just pick up the ball and run away. I couldn't believe what I was seeing!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast