Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 2 Weekly Discussion Thread

Regular in the Side
    And the Suns have beaten the Dockers in Perth which is also making me smile a little. Kicked 19 behinds but got the last three behinds then two goals in the game to win by three points. Ross is not the Boss.

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    And the Suns have beaten the Dockers in Perth which is also making me smile a little. Kicked 19 behinds but got the last three behinds then two goals in the game to win by three points. Ross is not the Boss.
    It was played at Carrara

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Does anyone wish Longmire had handed over to Stewie Dew a couple of years ago?
    The year we made the GF or the one just after that??

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    If I have to put up with another year of Longmire bashing I'm gonna spew up!
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    If I have to put up with another year of Longmire bashing I'm gonna spew up!
    Best get a bucket handy.

No the year after, when we started 0-6

Apart from the round 1 upset, O can't think of a team the new rules have suited better than west coast:

Darling and Kennedy, gun big marking forwards very hard to stop with the 6v6 rule.

And Jetta and Hurn precision 60m kick outs reach the centre square.

Look very ominous.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    No the year after, when we started 0-6
    And then set a record to make the finals and win one.

Senior Player
    Beat me to it, word for word.

Veterans List
    Adding salt? From the 'Nine Things We Learned' article:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-...from-round-two

3. Home is where the heart is for Dahlhaus and Rohan

Much was made of the inclusion of Luke Dahlhaus and Gary Rohan as off-season acquisitions to the Cattery. Already the astute recruiting of the two players, both locals from the Geelong area, is paying dividends. The impact the pair have made to Geelong's game style has been evident, with Dahlhaus' 11 tackles and two goals against Melbourne setting the tone for an 80-point thumping in slippery conditions. Rohan booted three majors and his gut-busting efforts are already starting to win plaudits. Add in Tom Atkins and Gryan Miers – players hungry to make the most of their opportunities – and the transformation in personnel of Geelong's forward line from a team that struggled to put heat on the opposition has quickly become one of its main weapons. Undoubtedly, Dahlhaus and Rohan have been central to Geelong's 2-0 start to the season. - Ben Guthrie

No one has a crystal ball I know and I always think hindsight is just too easy but this one may haunt us. Two things may be contributing.....the Cats may have said this is your role, we'll leave you there and we'll back you.....and also maybe he's just happy being 'home' in the Geelong area. Early days......but he's happy on top of the ladder at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Adding salt? From the 'Nine Things We Learned' article:

Nine things we learned: Time to find your mojo, Tigers - AFL.com.au

3. Home is where the heart is for Dahlhaus and Rohan

Much was made of the inclusion of Luke Dahlhaus and Gary Rohan as off-season acquisitions to the Cattery. Already the astute recruiting of the two players, both locals from the Geelong area, is paying dividends. The impact the pair have made to Geelong's game style has been evident, with Dahlhaus' 11 tackles and two goals against Melbourne setting the tone for an 80-point thumping in slippery conditions. Rohan booted three majors and his gut-busting efforts are already starting to win plaudits. Add in Tom Atkins and Gryan Miers – players hungry to make the most of their opportunities – and the transformation in personnel of Geelong's forward line from a team that struggled to put heat on the opposition has quickly become one of its main weapons. Undoubtedly, Dahlhaus and Rohan have been central to Geelong's 2-0 start to the season. - Ben Guthrie

No one has a crystal ball I know and I always think hindsight is just too easy but this one may haunt us. Two things may be contributing.....the Cats may have said this is your role, we'll leave you there and we'll back you.....and also maybe he's just happy being 'home' in the Geelong area. Early days......but he's happy on top of the ladder at the moment.
    Well, the fact that he's not injured is probably helping. I seem to recall that his major role for us, was member of the rehab group.

Veterans List
    Liam Picken has retired from football due to concussion issues....sad for him, even if he was a Dog.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast