Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 2 Weekly Discussion Thread

Veterans List

#AFL Round 2 Weekly Discussion Thread

Collingwood big winners over the Tigers tonight. They look impressive again....a la last years prelim. Tigers have worries without Rance.

If general tipping is anything to go by, the rest of the round should be predictable.....except maybe our game tomorrow night. Go Swans!!

Thought Darcy Moore and Tom Langdon both looked like they would have looked great in Red & White. I wish the Swans had the ability to choose a deliberate tactic - the way Collingwood were able to tonight to negate the strengths of their opponents.

Senior Player
    Pies looked very impressive. Great ball use, they moved it really quickly by hand, foot and running. Clean in the split-second moments, led to some fast snap goals.

First trip of the season to the SCG for me tonight. Let's hope Swans bounce back and show what they can do!

I thought Collingwood were very impressive. However, Richmond allowed them to play the uncontested game too easily. Where was Richmond’s plan B?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    I thought Collingwood were very impressive. However, Richmond allowed them to play the uncontested game too easily. Where was Richmond’s plan B?
    Collingwood played well but Richmond were absolutely hosed by the umpires.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Collingwood played well but Richmond were absolutely hosed by the umpires.
    Umpires took a goal off the Pies in the first quarter and made a couple more glaring pro-Tigers decisions, but then missed several incorrect disposals by Sidebotttom. I thought it probably evened out.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I thought the two Sidebottom missed calls for incorrect disposal were a little odd, they were quite close to exact copies by the same player in the same part of the ground.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Senior Player
    I see Cox got a week for having Grimes run into him. Should definitely challenge that one!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Umpires took a goal off the Pies in the first quarter and made a couple more glaring pro-Tigers decisions, but then missed several incorrect disposals by Sidebotttom. I thought it probably evened out.
    25-9 freekick count

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    I see Cox got a week for having Grimes run into him. Should definitely challenge that one!
    I agree. I haven't read the report but I don't understand from the vision why he was suspended.

Senior Player
    St Kilda beating Essendon would provide welcome amusement.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    St Kilda beating Essendon would provide welcome amusement.
    ...and so it was. Saints by 11. Port by 15 over Carlton....in Adelaide. We may be in trouble next week.....

I'm watching the Geelong v Melbourne game tonight and it is so frustrating to see the way it is being umpired......seemingly impartially! Free kicks stand at 4 - 4 atm.

I'm seeing things that we got pinged for last night, by a 'hot' whistle I might add, that tonight's teams don't. I'm seeing things we didn't get paid last night, that tonight's teams duly get paid.

It must be nice to barrack for a team that has the privilege of playing on a 'level playing field'.....

Anyway, Cats in control at the moment. 24pts up, early second quarter.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast