Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Swans academy and U18 discussion

Veteran Site Admin

2019 Swans academy and U18 discussion

I don't believe we have a 2019 thread yet for discussing the Swans academy, and especially the U18 series (NAB Cup and U18 championships).

For those unaware of this, the NAB Cup is the revamped TAC Cup for 2019, and as well as playing against other academy sides and the two non-academy Div II sides (ie NT and Tasmania), each of the academy teams will also play a handful of games against Victorian NAB Cup teams in the lead up to the U18 championships (in which a combined Allies team will compete against the traditional Div I sides, as they have for the past couple of seasons).

The Swans' academy U18 squad kicks off its season tomorrow, playing Tasmania at BISP. I believe the game starts at 9.30am, and is the first of three games to be played out at BISP tomorrow.

And if you don't fancy travelling to BISP? The game will be streamed live on the NAB Cup app.

Veteran Site Admin
    Now I come to my ulterior motive for starting this thread. If you're one of those technology savvy types, you might wince at the question I'm about to ask. Please be kind in responding.

I'm not really an "app" kinda person. I have a couple on my phone (like the NEAFL app) but I don't use them much. I have an iPhone, so the couple I do have, I've download via the Apple App Store.

I've been looking to see how to get the NAB Cup app and see it's available on Google Play. I'm not sure what Google Play exactly is, but I'm guessing it's like the Apple equivalent for the Android platform. I've also found the app in the Apple App Store on my phone.

But what if I don't want to load the app onto my phone? Is it possible to load apps onto a PC (ie using Windows)? If so, where do I go to find the app?

I don't particularly want to watch a streamed game on my tiny phone, and am also unsure of it will do to my modest monthly data allowance. It's possible it will do nothing as I use Telstra as my carrier, and Telstra content isn't counted towards my quota. This app is produced by Telstra, so streaming via it might also be excluded from my quota but I'm not sure if that is the case. More to the point, my phone is very small and my computer screen is much bigger.

Please be gentle with your responses!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post

Please be gentle with your responses!
    Oh $#^&* Liz, have you been living on Mars?

Well, I have too....so I have no idea either.....sorry.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Oh $#^&* Liz, have you been living on Mars?

Well, I have too....so I have no idea either.....sorry.
    Nah, I'm from Venus.

Veteran Site Admin
    I think I've found the answer to my question. It seems that officially you can't, but that there are interfaces that you can download that turn your computer into a "virtual phone" and thus run apps for phone platforms, but at the cost of slow computer performance (and maybe sluggish playback of what you're trying to watch on the app).

NAB League Official App on PC: Download free for Windows 7, 8, 10 version

Will be good to watch . A mixture of both u18s and some of the top end underage u17s as well

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I think I've found the answer to my question. It seems that officially you can't, but that there are interfaces that you can download that turn your computer into a "virtual phone" and thus run apps for phone platforms, but at the cost of slow computer performance (and maybe sluggish playback of what you're trying to watch on the app).

NAB League Official App on PC: Download free for Windows 7, 8, 10 version
    You just need a second phone. Does it run on windows or OSX?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    You just need a second phone. Does it run on windows or OSX?
    Why would I need a second phone? And I have no idea about the second question.

It runs on a PC. If you have one of those?

You'll find any NAB league game you want to watch on Youtube as well. Not sure if they are doing them live on there but certainly the replays are on.
    I FEEL THE NEED FOR SPEED!!!!!

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    It runs on a PC. If you have one of those?
    What is "it"?

Yes, I have a PC. I originally stated my objective as trying to find a way to run an app on a PC, and then subsequently provided a link to a method of doing so (albeit one that might seriously slow down the running of said PC).

I'm not sure what your question is getting at.

Sorry Liz, my bad. I think you already know what to do.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast