Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Swans academy and U18 discussion

Campbells twenty metre sprint times are elite class - below 2.90.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    Campbells twenty metre sprint times are elite class - below 2.90.
    Awesome! Where are those numbers???

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    The U16 team went undefeated at the nationals this year. Hard to say who was best but AFL Draft central did a series of "who to watch" and game reviews and they listed a number of U16s Swans players in those.

Remember the Names: Top performers from the U16 National Championships - Aussie Rules Draft Central
    Only 1 player mentioned unfortunately. Hopefully a few more pop up during the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Awesome! Where are those numbers???

Not sure if they are published but I saw them in swans preseason testing results this year .

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Only 1 player mentioned unfortunately. Hopefully a few more pop up during the next few years.

Others were mentioned in other game reviews written on the site . Swans were undefeated against giants this year at under 16 level and had eleven or so players in the rams team so there is talent there .

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Swans academy players named in the 2020 AFL Academy squad

Errol Gulden – Sydney Swans

Braeden Campbell – Sydney Swans

Marco Rossman – Sydney Swans

Mark Sheather – Sydney Swans

Kye Pfrengle – Sydney Swans

2020 NAB AFL Academy Squads Released

It's going to be fun learning how to say Pfrengle. Probably winds up just 'frengle'. And does Sheather rhyme with feather or sound like sheath-er?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    And does Sheather rhyme with feather or sound like sheath-er?
    The latter I believe (based on NAB Cup and NEAFL commentators' pronunciation - though in one game they spent about half the match calling him 'Sheeter').

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    The latter I believe (based on NAB Cup and NEAFL commentators' pronunciation - though in one game they spent about half the match calling him 'Sheeter').
    No P in the Pfrengle , Sheather is Sheath - er

Pushing for Selection
    Photos from Swans Academy U18 v SAFL U22 squad at BISP yesterday Swans Academy U18 v SAFL U22

After looking at the nice photos above, I made an unsuccessful attempt to find a match report. However, I did find out that a number of ex-academy players will be playing in the SANFL this season. Hamish Ellem and Kyle Martin will be at West Adelaide. Luke Parks has moved to Glenelg: possibly as a replacement for Will Gould, or Jesse White? Ky McGrath has gone to South Adelaide; along with former listed player, James Rose. Another former listed player, Dan Menzel, has gone back to Central Districts, who have also recruited two sons of Swans legend, Paul Kelly; Jackson and Ben.

Oddly, it seems that no NEAFL clubs have recruited any players from our academy this season. So I'm wondering if we now have a policy of offering some of our best academy products to the SANFL? Or with the success of former academy players, like Foote and Davis, have SANFL recruiters become more interest in players who have gone through our academy?

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    After looking at the nice photos above, I made an unsuccessful attempt to find a match report. However, I did find out that a number of ex-academy players will be playing in the SANFL this season. Hamish Ellem and Kyle Martin will be at West Adelaide. Luke Parks has moved to Glenelg: possibly as a replacement for Will Gould, or Jesse White? Ky McGrath has gone to South Adelaide; along with former listed player, James Rose. Another former listed player, Dan Menzel, has gone back to Central Districts, who have also recruited two sons of Swans legend, Paul Kelly; Jackson and Ben.

Oddly, it seems that no NEAFL clubs have recruited any players from our academy this season. So I'm wondering if we now have a policy of offering some of our best academy products to the SANFL? Or with the success of former academy players, like Foote and Davis, have SANFL recruiters become more interest in players who have gone through our academy?
    The ex-Academy boys went down to the SANFL of their own volition and were identified by club recruiters. The Swans would have selected several of them for the NDS if they had had the chance.