Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Swans academy and U18 discussion

Veteran Site Admin
    So eventually I decided just to install the app on my phone, and am watching the game on that tiny screen. (Will find out later what it does to my monthly data quota!)

Gulden was the Swans' (and game) leading possession winner at quarter time, with 10 kicks and 1 handball (and a goal). A couple of minutes into the second quarter he's just kicked his second goal (and the Swans' 3rd).

Swans currently lead 21-0. Slippery conditions so the game is a bit scrappy.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    if you’re connected to wifi on your phone the data will not come from your phone plan

Now you have the App on your phone you could try this....iPhone 7 How to Connect to HDTV in Under a Minute! (Screen Mirroring Guide) - YouTube

If you shop around you can get the adaptor for under $20.

Veteran Site Admin
    Don't have wifi. I'm an old-fashioned cable kinda gal.

I will make a bold prediction. Errol Gulden will line up for the Swans senior side in round 1 2021, injury permitting. He'll need to find a different guernsey number to wear though.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    So eventually I decided just to install the app on my phone, and am watching the game on that tiny screen. (Will find out later what it does to my monthly data quota!)

Gulden was the Swans' (and game) leading possession winner at quarter time, with 10 kicks and 1 handball (and a goal). A couple of minutes into the second quarter he's just kicked his second goal (and the Swans' 3rd).

Swans currently lead 21-0. Slippery conditions so the game is a bit scrappy.
    I just checked; it's live on YouTube, if you want a bigger screen. Assuming that the game is Swans v Tassie? Currently all the coverage is showing is that it's half time and that it will resume shortly.
    If that's right, just go to YouTube and type in, 'NAB League, Swans'.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I just checked; it's live on YouTube, if you want a bigger screen. Assuming that the game is Swans v Tassie? Currently all the coverage is showing is that it's half time and that it will resume shortly.
    If that's right, just go to YouTube and type in, 'NAB League, Swans'.
    Excellent. Just found it. Much better option than continuing to watch on my phone.

Cheers!

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Here's the youtube link for anyone after it. The NAB League channel does have a schedule of games it will stream, but looks a little all over the place at the moment- if they've setup to be able to stream all games for the app then there's a reasonable chance they'll be on youtube as well.

NAB LEAGUE 2019: Round 2 - Swans Academy v Tasmania Devils (Full Game) - YouTube
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Senior Player
    Swans won 7.14.56 to 6.6.42

Gulden had 36 disposals, 6 Marks, 3 tackles, 8i50, 4r50 and kicked 2.1

8 disposals more than the next player (28) and 12 until the next Swan (24).

Does not turn 17 until July!

Seven goals 14 points. H’mmm sounds like a familiar goal kicking scenario for a Swans team.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMase View Post
    Swans won 7.14.56 to 6.6.42

Gulden had 36 disposals, 6 Marks, 3 tackles, 8i50, 4r50 and kicked 2.1

8 disposals more than the next player (28) and 12 until the next Swan (24).

Does not turn 17 until July!
    He also set up a very gettable shot on goal for a team mate from about 30m out (who missed - everything) after he himself took a mark inside 50m and was within his rights to take a shot himself. And he provided a very clever assist for one of Sheather's goals, finding space in traffic tight in the pocket. And he took two further shots at goal himself from very tight angles and also in traffic, neither of which missed the right side of the goal posts by very much.

I spent much of the game trying to work out who he reminded me of in terms of his stature and build, and at the end of the game decided it was probably Haydn Ballentyne. He's not tall (173cm, the commentators said) but he's not skinny. He could yet grow a little taller, but even if he doesn't, he could become one of those low-centre-of gravity players that just goes in and gets the job done. On today's evidence he doesn't appear to be overly quick - it was a wet track so that might have slowed all the players down - but it looks as if he really understands the game, and has the skills to execute as well.

Watched him in the under 16 series last year and he isnt flashy and overly athletic looking but all of a sudden you see he has 30 disposals and five goals. Good footy brain and its often only when you watch a replay that you start to see what he has done. Very good tank as well.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast