Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 3 Weekly Discussion Thread

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Dangerous for us next week, now having to face a one of the pre season premiership fancies who is 0-3. Just our luck .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hopefully, it won't be 2 teams looking for their first win!

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I'm a little bemused at some of the comments about Rohan. As far as I can see, he's doing pretty much exactly the same he did with us when he was fit - exert a lot of pressure with his speed, not touch the ball much, but kick a few goals here and there.

For some reason he was singled out (by some) for blame during games when our midfield failed to show up, as if that was his fault. He wasn't the kind of player for us that was able to step into the breach and make up for Parker, Hanners, Kennedy, Jack etc all going missing at the same time. Very few forwards can do that, but particularly Gary. We haven't yet seen him play in a mediocre Cats side because they've played pretty well so far this year. We'll have to wait and see whether he's able to contribute any better to them when the rest of the team is down. My money is on "no".

I was sorry to see him go and I'm not entirely sure why he did. For all the talk coming out of the club that it was for family reasons, to enable he, wife and daughter to be closer to both parents' families, comments from Rohan suggest it was very much the club instigating the move rather than Gary and his family. Maybe they genuinely thought a change of scenery would be best for him, coming off what was his worst year (2018) since recovering from the broken leg - for understandable reasons.
    It was a move best for all parties. Rohan gets to go home, cats get another top up player which is their strategy over the past few years (jury is out whether it can deliver a flag) and swans free up a list spot of a player who was unlikely to win us a flag. He was not in our best 22. Ronke, papley, mccartin, had all passed him... And they have their best footy ahead of them. Then add Reid coming back.

I enjoy watching him play much more now that the result doesnt hinge on his performance.

He never delivered on the promise of his youth, and that is, rightly or wrongly, how he would always be judged at the swans.

Veterans List
    Dangerous for us next week, now having to face a one of the pre season premiership fancies who is 0-3. Just our luck .
    You did see them last night....they were crap. I'm not worried at all but I'll reserve my final judgement about our chances next week until after todays game against Carlton.....if we win well, I won't be too worried about next week.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    You did see them last night....they were crap. I'm not worried at all but I'll reserve my final judgement about our chances next week until after todays game against Carlton.....if we win well, I won't be too worried about next week.
    I saw them last night. Quite frankly I was not impressed with either side last night. Both play like bottom sides. The pressure was not great. Most of the night there were free players available. Melbourne's accountability is @@@@e. I didn't think Essendon much better.

Not only did Melbourne not pick up players, their delivery was 10th rate. It was dreadful. Essendon destroyed them in the third. But even then the Essendon pressure was sporadic and scrappy. The only reason Essendon won the game is bacause they were able to put two 20 minute bursts of half decent footy that looked as though they actually knew what they were doing.

Our footy has been more like the Essendon model. Glympses of brilliance surrounded by disinterest or scrappy, uncompetitive footy. Like us Essendon didn't seem to want to take on the body last night. They wanted to play open, unaccountable footy. They were just lucky Dees couldn't kick, mark, handball and simply couldn't use the corridor fir some reason. The Dees went so wide at times they wee playing on the Number Two oval

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk

So I’m at a work function at the Collingwood eagles game. In the presidents room. Eddies room. Sat 10 Mtrs from fathead while he gives a vomit inducing speech.

Senior Player
    So I’m at a work function at the Collingwood eagles game. In the presidents room. Eddies room. Sat 10 Mtrs from fathead while he gives a vomit inducing speech.

Dancing with the devil!

Hope you are getting paid double time!

Veterans List
    I'm watching tonight's game, Magpies v Eagles and just marveling at Lewis Jetta's delivery by foot. Absolutely sublime at times....his accuracy from distance is amazing.....see target, hit target. I miss that in our team.

I think the Pies will come over the top of the Eagles in this last 10mins, but I hope I’m incorrect.

Greez, soft 50m against J. Howe there.
    The game has been stuffed up this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    I think the Pies will come over the top of the Eagles in this last 10mins, but I hope I’m incorrect.
    Nope. Pies are done

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk

Get that L. Ryan bloke to Sydney.
    He’s so smart with it.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast