Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: #AFL Round 3 Weekly Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Maybe Boddo. Hunt mostly just seemed like a run-of-the-mill idiot to me. Though he very occasionally looked
    like a passable footballer compared to Folau. A low base I know.
    I’m talking off field issues in regards to Hunt. Everyone has heard his indiscretions and it’s the last thing you want at a club starting up.

Leadership can be a massive issue. Get it right n success can follow. Get it wrong and it can be disastrous.

Hunt was the last person you wanted around impressionable young recruits. But either way in hindsight you’d probably prefer to have neither of these two at any club imo.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    I’m talking off field issues in regards to Hunt. Everyone has heard his indiscretions and it’s the last thing you want at a club starting up.

Leadership can be a massive issue. Get it right n success can follow. Get it wrong and it can be disastrous.

Hunt was the last person you wanted around impressionable young recruits. But either way in hindsight you’d probably prefer to have neither of these two at any club imo.
    Agreed. Contrast that with GWS, where having Ward & Davis as captains has been a very smart move. They are in the top
    half a dozen or so best players in the team, a bit older than other guys, and just total, no nonsense professionals without the
    baggage like G Ablett Jnr brought with him. They are sort of what guys like JPK & Parker are for us.
    The thing about the Folau & K Hunt signings I didn't like was that they took the list spot of some young real footballers.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Agreed. Contrast that with GWS, where having Ward & Davis as captains has been a very smart move. They are in the top
    half a dozen or so best players in the team, a bit older than other guys, and just total, no nonsense professionals without the
    baggage like G Ablett Jnr brought with him. They are sort of what guys like JPK & Parker are for us.
    The thing about the Folau & K Hunt signings I didn't like was that they took the list spot of some young real footballers.
    I fully agree in regards to the recruitment of Ward & Davis plus also former Melbourne Captain James McDonald, Luke Power, Dean Brogan and Chad Cornes. They scream leadership. With Sheedy stearing the ship and Williams as an assistant. That’s leadership in spades.

Then on the other end you’ve got Hunt who we’ve discussed, Brown who breaks a teammates jaw, Bock who would have had a WADA suspension if hadn’t retired. Plus an untried senior coach.

Both are poles apart in how they were setup.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910