Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mens Player Points System

Quote Originally Posted by The Culmination View Post
    Have heard on the grapevine there is a bit of a storm brewing.......
    No storm - Back Burning

Quote Originally Posted by Clubman View Post
    No storm - Back Burning
    What's the deal fellas - a mid-year review of a pointless points system or something else?

Not to sure. Hopefully someone can make a difference soon

I heard on the grapevine uts are in all sorts of trouble and could be leaving premier division sooner rather than later.....

Haven’t heard that they have a great junior pathway and seem each week to be low on the points.

Quote Originally Posted by 5yearplan View Post
    Haven’t heard that they have a great junior pathway and seem each week to be low on the points.
    Been the masters of manipulation in the lower grades for quite a few years

Quote Originally Posted by Mac warrior View Post
    I heard on the grapevine uts are in all sorts of trouble and could be leaving premier division sooner rather than later.....
    What is the problem Mac Warrior? Is it onfield or off-field?
    With such a high turnover of players, I have often wondered how they managed off-field.

Almost Football Legend
    Possibly the points cap could be a check and balance against Sydney Uni dropping NEAFL-listed players down to Prems, and they did use their full 50 points in round 1; but other than that, it's not doing anything to even up the competition. UTS have the highest points usage, and had their full 52 point allocation in one game and 51 in a couple of others - they're the only other team that may have potentially had their team selections affected by the points cap, and they haven't won a game.
    Clubs like Pennant Hills, North Shore and East Coast wouldn't even consider points when selecting their team - no team they select is ever going to get anywhere near the cap. But it could possibly be affecting UTS.

I don't see the point of it. It's just an un-necessary complication, and it's not doing anything to help the clubs that need a helping hand.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Does that not highlight even more the need for clubs to build a junior program rather than buying blow ins who chase cash then leave a season or two later?

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Does that not highlight even more the need for clubs to build a junior program rather than buying blow ins who chase cash then leave a season or two later?
    Yes but what you highlight does not apply to UTS - they are the destination club for generally professional people who transfer to Sydney for work, want a kick of the footy, but not to take it too seriously. I don't think UTS pay any players? The points system is an example of copying what happens down south without really understanding the Sydney market.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    As opposed to clubs who look outside their own catchment zones to plunder other areas at the expense of the local clubs who do actually spend time and effort in those juniors.

Someone really needs to explain to me why Uni's even need under 19's. The are all destinations for young people seeking a higher education and quite simply a lot of juniors moving to senior football will gravitate towards them for the convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wills View Post
    Yes but what you highlight does not apply to UTS - they are the destination club for generally professional people who transfer to Sydney for work, want a kick of the footy, but not to take it too seriously. I don't think UTS pay any players? The points system is an example of copying what happens down south without really understanding the Sydney market.
    2014 - 10th (last)
    2015 - 6th (/9)
    2016 - 3rd (/9)
    2017 - 7th (/9)
    2018 - 9th (/10)
    2019 - 10th (last)

1 finals series (and no wins in the finals) in as long as sydney afl fixtures page shows. Surely a premier div club aspires to be more than a place for people to have a kick of the footy and not take it too seriously.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast