Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mens Player Points System

Mens Player Points System

This weekend brings some interesting new changes, with a points system in place which has to be questions still why with such a soft cap and who this really benefits.

Matches this week have the following:
    UNSW: 38 Points V Penno: 22
    ECE: 29 Points V UTS: 52/52 Maximum points noting they get dispensation for no Junior team
    Wests: 43 V Nshore: Unknown this stage but expected low.
    Manly: 23 V Camden: 42
    Syd Uni:50 (Neafl and interstate players folded down I suspect) Dragons: 29

UTS and Wests Get 52 Points as no junior clubs
    Camden get 52 as a new Prems club.

Would of been a interesting round 1 if they actually put the system in place where it should be, could be a interesting offseason seeing these numbers as some clubs are and will be in some hurt if it comes to a 42 point cap.

Be very interesting to see what is decided moving on with the system seeing these figures, you can see why a soft cap was introduced though as there must of been a worry about some of the clubs noted above

What a waste of time.
    Premiers for the last 6 years (Easts / Penno / Eagles / Manly) are the 4 lowest clubs for points.
    So we are introducing a system to make it harder for the non-successful clubs to be successful -the bottom 3 clubs last year were Wests, UTS and Camden.

Yes Sydney Uni is the outlier in the comments above.

Nth Shore 28/50 points.

5year - does Penno at 22 mean every player is 1 point? Does that every player was a junior?

Penno would I would have to say be a junior or if they came to them they have been discounted for years service, excellent position to be in and one for other clubs to envy,

I think any club below 35 is a amazing effort, even 40 is good, over this the model they have need a decent look at their overall model. One just hopes the AFL uses the model right and not protect clubs who dont have house in order to detriment of the clubs who have a excellent set up which like you mentioned are the majority with lowest points.

Syd uni the exception I think, but questions to why theres are high is more due to NEAFL and where players get stacked, they have seniors and juniors its just how they are able to field a team with such a high point value with a junior set up, this raises question of the NEAFL rules and alignments

Quote Originally Posted by 5yearplan View Post
    Penno would I would have to say be a junior or if they came to them they have been discounted for years service, excellent position to be in and one for other clubs to envy,

I think any club below 35 is a amazing effort, even 40 is good, over this the model they have need a decent look at their overall model. One just hopes the AFL uses the model right and not protect clubs who dont have house in order to detriment of the clubs who have a excellent set up which like you mentioned are the majority with lowest points.

Syd uni the exception I think, but questions to why theres are high is more due to NEAFL and where players get stacked, they have seniors and juniors its just how they are able to field a team with such a high point value with a junior set up, this raises question of the NEAFL rules and alignments
    Will always be hard for clubs without a large pool of juniors to draw from, they are getting players from wherever they can to field a team,and some of them may be players that cnnot get a game with their current club and are looking just to play footy at the highest level available.

They may be fringe prems players at best but can get a game with a struggling club, but no matter whether it is from another prems or platinum club, will attract 3 points no matter what.

If you add a half a dozen of them to a list, you will be pushing the limits of the proposed 42 point cap, yet not really be competitive with those that have a half a dozen footballers that have played at the highest level, also on similar points.

Sorry first I'm hearing of this point system, can anybody explain?

League decided idea to manipulate clubs and teams at the highest levels of Sydney football for men and women. Women have had this in for a few years men have it this year with a soft cap.

The men’s cap is 50 points for most clubs except wests, uts who don’t have a standard 19s program they get rewarded with 52 points.

Camden new to comp get 52 as well.

Not sure why point is different points with a soft cap but the powers that be must of had some inside info to set it this way.

One example was if all were on 50 points UTS actually had 52/52 allocated yesterday so they would of had to drop a player or players to play if they were on 50 points

Will be interesting next year if they push it to align with women’s points.

There could be some very strong reserve grade teams

But what is it solving? It doesn't seem to be helping teams that actually need it

Nope it is a system they have put on clubs minus consultation and views.

Clubs don’t matter now it is we have determined and you toe the line.

Quote Originally Posted by 5yearplan View Post
    League decided idea to manipulate clubs and teams at the highest levels of Sydney football for men and women. Women have had this in for a few years men have it this year with a soft cap.

The men’s cap is 50 points for most clubs except wests, uts who don’t have a standard 19s program they get rewarded with 52 points.

Camden new to comp get 52 as well.

Not sure why point is different points with a soft cap but the powers that be must of had some inside info to set it this way.

One example was if all were on 50 points UTS actually had 52/52 allocated yesterday so they would of had to drop a player or players to play if they were on 50 points

Will be interesting next year if they push it to align with women’s points.

There could be some very strong reserve grade teams
    So what I take it is clubs are limited to 50 points per game, how are points determined though, feels like you've left out some crucial details

No crucial details but a massive system the clubs have determined on who is rated what and what player is rated what

Clubs think one thing, league will determine what they think.

If your aligned with a club ask the club your aligned with for the points systems rules it would be a 10 page post

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast