Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: #AFL Round 3: Blues v Swans Sat 6-Apr at Marvel Stadium #AFLBluesSwans @sydneyswans

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I'm a bit heartbroken for McHack and Little Willy.
    What will we do without them? Maccas had a good couple of weeks.
    Grow and find out about some other players

In

Oriordan and Jack I suspect

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    In

Oriordan and Jack I suspect
    That would be the most conservative option. However, Horse has shown this season he's not afraid to have a go at the selection table and where the players actually line up. I watched the last quarter of the NEAFL and Rose was amazing, just everywhere, slotting shots from 55 out. Rowbottom has amazing hands and great attack on the ball. Jack was ok, but didn't look dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    That would be the most conservative option. However, Horse has shown this season he's not afraid to have a go at the selection table and where the players actually line up. I watched the last quarter of the NEAFL and Rose was amazing, just everywhere, slotting shots from 55 out. Rowbottom has amazing hands and great attack on the ball. Jack was ok, but didn't look dominant.
    I'd like to have a bet each way on Horse's selection policy. I could see him bringing back KJ, Reg (remember him) and other regulars, but I'd like to hope he'll continue to be bold. Rowbottom over Kizza would surprise me though.

Likewise I’m open to emerging talent

No smith, macca, Grundy nor Melican in the backline has its challenges with minimal experience

But this week and weeks ahead is certainly an opportunity also

I really liked McInerney in the trials - probably one of the most natural first year decision makers that I’ve seen at the Swans in yr 1

How did Justin McInerney play on the weekend ?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Dawson was also much better this game. I feel if he gets a run of games in the seniors we will see sharp improvement over the course of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes. Looked comfortable; his handballing was good too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Zak Jones deservedly made Robbo's list of "likes" this week.

Category: | Herald Sun

John Longmire’s bid to inject speed into the centre square has delivered Jones as a surprising beneficiary. The 24-year-old has played mainly wing and halfback in his 76-game career, but that is changing rapidly. In Round 1, he played 20 per cent in the middle. In Round 2, it was 49 per cent. On Saturday against Carlton, he spent 76 per cent of his game time in the centre square, attending a career-high 15 centre bounces.

He finished with a career-high 31 disposals, and his seven clearances were the equal of Josh Kennedy. If Jones can keep his frustrations in check — he’s quite familiar with the MRO — his football is set to flourish.
    Fair observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Likewise I’m open to emerging talent

No smith, macca, Grundy nor Melican in the backline has its challenges with minimal experience

But this week and weeks ahead is certainly an opportunity also

I really liked McInerney in the trials - probably one of the most natural first year decision makers that I’ve seen at the Swans in yr 1

How did Justin McInerney play on the weekend ?
    Only saw the last quarter but he looked sharp. Lined up on the wing and looks to have pace and a nice kick. He could play of half back, providing some run now that Jones is playing on ball. I would say he looked more involved then COR.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Only saw the last quarter but he looked sharp. Lined up on the wing and looks to have pace and a nice kick. He could play of half back, providing some run now that Jones is playing on ball. I would say he looked more involved then COR.
    COR could have been on limited minutes in the last qtr though , horse said a few players were ‘held back’ in the last with a view to the 5 day break before the next seniors match against Melbourne.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The direct play 3rd qtr approx 8mins till the 3qtr siren was what I want to see more of

Dawson wins a turnover
    Passes to Florent
    Back to Dawson
    Passes to jones
    To buddy
    To macca
    To Heeney
    Back to Dawson

Dawson won the ball back in our defensive 50 pushing off his man and gathered a nice ball straight to Florent

The footy was then very direct with good possession taking the game on but the best part was Dawson GUT running - because believe it or not he had flooded forward so far that he lead back out of our forward 50 to receive a ball on the arc

He popped it up for sinclair on the goal line then sinclair passed off to paps for a round the corner goal

10 sets of hands
    Super direct
    With Florent and Dawson gut running to make the numbers and orchestra the goal

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112