Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes round IV

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    COR the obvious McVeigh replacement as IMO he was stiff to get dropped and has played well in the NEAFL.

Hayward is more difficult, Rose who has never performed at senior level should get the nod after what was a huge BOG yesterday. We know he has talent, worth one more try whilst he's hot.

Ronke is badly out of form, he may survive given we are already making two changes or maybe swap him for Jack who must be getting close and adds experience. Rowbottom is sounding like a good ND selection, will they roll the dice on him? A significant number of 2019 draftees are playing well at other clubs who've rolled the dice on them.
    I agree completely with this.

Out: Hayward, McVeigh, Ronke
    In: Rose, COR, Jack

If we're going to pick Rose then play him in the midfield, don't hide him away in the forward pocket where he never sees the ball. Tell him you want 30 possessions if he wants to be selected again next week and see how he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post

Yep same, good changes.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Rose is certainly the closest to a like-for-like replacement for Hayward, at least while Menzel is still injured.

He was head and shoulders the best Swan in the NEAFL game yesterday, and one can't attribute that to "extra effort" knowing there was a spot up for grabs in the senior team. If they don't pick him in the senior team next week, given the combination of a spot available and his NEAFL form, you have to wonder why they kept him on for another year.
    Yes, it feels now or never.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    I’d also be interested to see if anyone was managed towards the end of the NEAFL game. With a 5 day turnaround, Longmire stayed that this should’ve happened in the NEAFL. Any players being given extra rest towards the end may help narrow options.
    I did my own research and watched the last quarter of the NEAFL game. Unfortunately, I am none the wiser as Rose, Jack, and Rowbottom all seemed to play decent minutes in the guts and up forward. It's possible that COR had more of a rest but it was hard to tell as the game was played largely in the Swan's half.

This looks right to me too.

I feel that Blakey and Hayward were sharing one role, and one too many, so it's really Blakey that slots into that 3rd marking forward role.

With Heeney spending so much time forward and being a key target there, it's hard to carry so many forwards and expect them to contribute on the scoreboard. Maybe that's part of the problem of Ronke getting into the game. Maybe not. Rose is in good form and Ronke is not, so a swap makes sense. We signed Rose for another year and this seems a good time to give him another shot at a senior spot. He's got the talent, but we all agree he needs to produce at senior level. He can play in the midfield as well as forward, so might fit into that rotation. I liked the workrate of Rose in the reserves and noted how often he appeared in the defensive 50 and still kicked 4 goals. If he can do keep that up in the seniors, he should go alright.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

I feel that Blakey and Hayward were sharing one role, and one too many, so it's really Blakey that slots into that 3rd marking forward role.

With Heeney spending so much time forward and being a key target there, it's hard to carry so many forwards and expect them to contribute on the scoreboard. Maybe that's part of the problem of Ronke getting into the game. Maybe not. Rose is in good form and Ronke is not, so a swap makes sense. We signed Rose for another year and this seems a good time to give him another shot at a senior spot. He's got the talent, but we all agree he needs to produce at senior level. He can play in the midfield as well as forward, so might fit into that rotation. I liked the workrate of Rose in the reserves and noted how often he appeared in the defensive 50 and still kicked 4 goals. If he can do keep that up in the seniors, he should go alright.
    Ronke gives us speed and should be persevered with. Looked very dangerous in second half. Could have has 3 goals except for accuracy and one charity paid to blues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

Rose can come in for hayward if necessary

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    In Jack COR
    Out Hayward Mcveigh
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Yep...If fit..

IN : Jack , COR

OUT : McVeigh, Hayward
    Seems to be the popular choice for next weeks changes and they make sense to me with Ronke saved only by Haywards forced omission.....

I agree as well. Ronke has been poor all year and needs to find some form in NEAFL.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Ronke gives us speed and should be persevered with. Looked very dangerous in second half. Could have has 3 goals except for accuracy and one charity paid to blues.

- - - Updated - - -

Rose can come in for hayward if necessary
    I agree - Ronke looked to be warming up on the second half. Let him work his way into it.

Veterans List
    Ludwig, why no Rowbottom. You were a big rap for him when we drafted him and he had good Under 18 video highlights. Did you not say that he was right up there with Walsh, the No.1 draft pick. From what I hear he is already looking too good for the NEAFL. I say bring him in and leave him in.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Ludwig, why no Rowbottom. You were a big rap for him when we drafted him and he had good Under 18 video highlights. Did you not say that he was right up there with Walsh, the No.1 draft pick. From what I hear he is already looking too good for the NEAFL. I say bring him in and leave him in.
    I said he had a great highlight reel. If we could just reduce the game length to 3 minutes, I'd slam him right in the senior midfield. Maybe there's a rule change in the works. Until then, he needs to ripen a bit in the NEAFL. He's doing well though and i'm still confident he will be a good player; McInerney too.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast