Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Changes round IV

Veterans List
    Horses presser yesterday mentioned these three in this order - Rowbottom, Rose, Jack. Are those the three ins this week for the two injuries plus Ronke?

Be very disappointed if COR isn't a direct replacement for Macca.

Warming the Bench
    I am guessing rowbottom is lockin
    forgotten 1996
    2005 a much sweeter memory,2012 even better

I'm a fan of Rowbottom. I like his game and think he will be a serious player, and will be in the mix for senior games this year. But I feel the important player to give senior game time to this season, form permitting, is Rose. He probably just made the cut last year based on a very strong second half to the NEAFL season. He's been giving consistently solid performances in the NEAFL since last season. There may not be many opportunities to give him a game, but when the situation arises, we should try to slot him in. Rowbottom will get many chances. If Rose doesn't put in some solid senior games this year, he will likely be delisted.

My order of preference for senior inclusion, giving effect to our injury list, is: COR, Jack, Rose, Stoddart, Melican, Fox and Rowbottom. Cameron continues to play well and would come in if there's an injury to Sinclair, or Sinclair needs to shift to forward.

Im not sure our selection policy should be based on likelihood of being delisted.
    For all we know, Rose could have been kept on the list purely for depth.

Looks like one of those years where we should be playing the kids, so my preference would be Jack and Rose near the end of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Im not sure our selection policy should be based on likelihood of being delisted.
    For all we know, Rose could have been kept on the list purely for depth.

Looks like one of those years where we should be playing the kids, so my preference would be Jack and Rose near the end of the list.
    +1 I'm with you Barry. We should be playing whoever is in the best interests of the club. Although that may well be Rose not Rowbottom based on form and find a similar player to Hayward.

Rose is I based on passing Stevie K and he coming out of the Entertainment Centre locked in serious conversation

I hope Rose gets an opportunity at some stage but if he's been able turn his form around in the NEAFL as a midfielder, why would we select him as a forward at AFL level? Doesn't make sense to me. He'll be straight back to the NEAFL the following week.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    I hope Rose gets an opportunity at some stage but if he's been able turn his form around in the NEAFL as a midfielder, why would we select him as a forward at AFL level? Doesn't make sense to me. He'll be straight back to the NEAFL the following week.
    Rose has played both forward and midfielder for a few years now, probably increasing his time in the midfield as he gets older. I think he's more a forward who can rotate in the midfield at AFL, but mostly running the wings. I don't see a positional problem. He's always been a sharpshooter at goal who can take a contested mark against the odds. It's just a question as to whether he can produce the goods at AFL level.

PS: I noted that Matthew Ling is no longer on the injury list and can play in the NEAFL this weekend, according to Charlie Gardiner in the injury report. This is really great news. The club obviously has confidence in his ability. I'm looking forward to having him join our list of promising recruits.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Rose is about to turn 23. I'd like to see him in the Firsts for a while. If it's now or never give him the opportunity.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Exciting news, Ludwig. Looking forward to having Ling on the park showing us the skills and quality the club recruited him for. Ling hopefully will have a long run in NEAFL and start showing us he should be in the Seniors.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Rose is I based on passing Stevie K and he coming out of the Entertainment Centre locked in serious conversation
    I thought they knocked down the Sydney Entertainment Centre?

Tom Papley interviewed at training today

Key quotes: Tom Papley - sydneyswans.com.au

Who will replace Hayward?

“He’s very important to our forward line but we’ve got young fellas and older fellas who can come in and play that role. I’m not sure who’s playing this week but the likes of Kieren Jack can play that role. We’ll work through who’s playing and I’m sure whoever plays can play their role. We’ve got James Rowbottom, Justin McInerney, Kieren Jack, James Rose – there are a few guys who can slot straight in there. I’m confident that whoever comes in will fill Hayward’s spot.”

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast