Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 4 Swans vs Dees Thur 11-Apr at SCG #AFLSwansDees @sydneyswans

I’m happy for bud to stay

The guy is unbelievable and not slowing down

He will get 50 to 70 goals still this season and creates havoc

Supposedly the below was the split for buddies last 4yrs and made sense to under pay through 2014-2018 and have the best team we could for a premiership

But I think hannes $800k pa contract dropping out may have changed a lot of possibilities

Approx 10% of the cap each season depending on how u split his contract each year

2019 - $1.3 million in the sixth year
    2020 - $1.4 million
    2021 - $1.5 million
    2022 - $1 million

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Players already have that option...it's called Free Agency! Buddy wasn't forced to sign 9 year deal with us, as it gave him long term financial security. Bob has also forgotten Buddy was bound by the AFL to see out his contract with us, as they imposed his contact will remain in our cap for the duration regardless if Buddy retired prematurely for whatever reason.
    That's not applicable if he's traded.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    That's not applicable if he's traded.
    That's what I'm not sure about, if we're allowed (only hypothetically mind you) to trade Buddy given the AFL's uproar when we signed him and their vindictiveness with his contract conditions, which doesn't seem apply to other players with lengthy contracts signed under FA. But crazy to think club would ever consider trading Buddy, so not worth fretting about.
    Last edited by KSAS; 16th April 2019 at 08:14 AM.

Senior Player
    Poor old Buddy. A couple off games in a team making a habit of it and he's pretty much out the door.
    Dig deep mate, you can pull through and regain the support of all the posters on RWO.
    Seriously, is it slow news week or something?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Poor old Buddy. A couple off games in a team making a habit of it and he's pretty much out the door.
    Dig deep mate, you can pull through and regain the support of all the posters on RWO.
    Seriously, is it slow news week or something?
    +1

ditto +2

That's what I'm not sure about, if we're allowed (only hypothetically mind you) to trade Buddy given the AFL's uproar when we signed him and their vindictiveness with his contract conditions, which doesn't seem apply to other players with lengthy contracts signed under FA. But crazy to think club would ever consider trading Buddy, so not worth fretting about.
    I wonder how this works. I'm not sure of the details so I'm going to make some numbers up to illustrate my point.

Say Buddy has 4 years left at $1.5m per year. (Contract locked in by AFL)
    Swans manage to send him back to Hawthorn on a 4 year deal worth $1m p.a. (Swans continue to pay $500k p.a. of his salary).
    All good.
    Buddy back goes, and he is forced to retire from Hawthorn after 2 years. The cancel his contract "mutually". - They arent locked in by the AFL.
    Does that mean we go back to paying $1.5m p.a. for the last 2 years of his contract ??

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I wonder how this works. I'm not sure of the details so I'm going to make some numbers up to illustrate my point.

Say Buddy has 4 years left at $1.5m per year. (Contract locked in by AFL)
    Swans manage to send him back to Hawthorn on a 4 year deal worth $1m p.a. (Swans continue to pay $500k p.a. of his salary).
    All good.
    Buddy back goes, and he is forced to retire from Hawthorn after 2 years. The cancel his contract "mutually". - They arent locked in by the AFL.
    Does that mean we go back to paying $1.5m p.a. for the last 2 years of his contract ??
    Yes
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Yes

Therefore, he'll never be traded
    ....so those who were speculating that this might be a possibility can stop....now.

Wasn't speculated here but started by the Melb Media over the weekend (Bob Murphy was one), continued yesterday on Talking Footy and now today, as I heard Sam Maclure (SEN) when interviewing Graham Wright re O'Meara's contract extension, throwing up Buddy coming back to Hawthorn as a hypothetical question. This really annoys me because it seems a concerted effort by the Melb Media to keep beating this drum in order to generate a story (with no basis whatsoever) to the point which may require the club/Buddy to respond. Pathetic.

Senior Player
    Wasn't speculated here but started by the Melb Media over the weekend (Bob Murphy was one), continued yesterday on Talking Footy and now today, as I heard Sam Maclure (SEN) when interviewing Graham Wright re O'Meara's contract extension, throwing up Buddy coming back to Hawthorn as a hypothetical question. This really annoys me because it seems a concerted effort by the Melb Media to keep beating this drum in order to generate a story (with no basis whatsoever) to the point which may require the club/Buddy to respond. Pathetic.
    Sam Mclure keeps the Melbourne footy fantasy world alive. Similar to Mark Robinson fantasising about Hird coaching Essendon after one loss. Nuffies lap it up. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Yes
    I think the obvious clause we would need to add is that if Hawthorn agree to the trade, they must payout the full term. (ie same clause we got from AFL).