Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 5 v Tigers

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    That decison is made then!

Out Blakey, McInerney In Rowbottom COR who both should have come in last week. Lucky to survive Ronke
    I'm not sure we should play COR and Thurlow. Agree with outs and Rowbottom, but I'd bring Melican in.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    That decison is made then!

Out Blakey, McInerney In Rowbottom COR who both should have come in last week. Lucky to survive Ronke
    Maybe not.....Rowbottom very quiet in the second quarter.

After viewing NEAFL, here's my thoughts:
    In COR, Rowbottom, Stoddart
    Out McInerney, Ronke, Thurlow
    Rowbottom has looked great. He is hard at the contest, can sniff a goal and play mid and forward unlike Ronke, who's skills have deserted him. Stoddart is more developed than McInerney. He is also fast and a good kick. Thurlow was shocking the other night and COR needs to take his place.

Went very early with selections last week so waited for neafl today.

Getting to the point where i am trying to read what the match committee are going to do.

If Rose did not desrve a game last week, i fear he never will (39 possesions, four goals, 300 tackles etc etc).

Hiscox is the only player i can recall getting dropped after one game, i am happy to be corrected on this though. My point being i doubt Mc Inerny will only get one game. So he stays.

Also, it seems we have had very few of the draftees from Ling's year play many games???

Dawson and Thurlow must stay, Lloyd will not be dropped.

I'm going for a smokey

Out: Papley
    In: COR

Senior Player
    I think that it is clear that our team is developing and as such we shouldn’t set our expectations too high in terms of wins etc.

The key for us is getting games into the young guys with talent. That will allow them to press in a couple of years

As such. I would definitely bring in rowbottom. He looks too good to develop well in the NEAFL. Accelerate his development in the AFL.

In a few weeks Ling should get a senior game as his conditioning improves but not just yet.

Also I would consider stoddart again. He would allow mills to move into the midfield.

My outs: mcinerney jack
    My Ins: rowbottom stoddart

I feel like thurlow Deserves another game but wouldn’t be averse to COR coming in for him.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    I think that it is clear that our team is developing and as such we shouldn’t set our expectations too high in terms of wins etc.

The key for us is getting games into the young guys with talent. That will allow them to press in a couple of years

As such. I would definitely bring in rowbottom. He looks too good to develop well in the NEAFL. Accelerate his development in the AFL.

In a few weeks Ling should get a senior game as his conditioning improves but not just yet.

Also I would consider stoddart again. He would allow mills to move into the midfield.

My outs: mcinerney jack
    My Ins: rowbottom stoddart
    Your reasons for dropping Jack?

Veteran Site Admin
    Some odd suggestions for players to be dropped. Jack was one of our better performers on Thursday and brings much needed experience to the side.

Papley was serviceable against the Dees but amongst the best half dozen against Carlton, and decent in the first two games. He's not going anywhere.

Reid and Aliir should swap places .

Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post
    Out: McInerny, Ronke, Blakey, Thurlow, Sinclair
    In: O'Riordan, Mellican, Rose, Cameron, Stoddard
    After watching the NEAFL game, I still think these changes are in the mix. Probably not all of them, but certainly a few are called for.

I would really like Cameron to get a run. COR should have been in the side last week. Stoddart improved his chances for selection with a very good performance in the NEAFL.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Your reasons for dropping Jack?
    Good question.

Simply because I think we need to invest in games in the future of the club. I know he provides some leadership but I think we have enough on field leadership. Franklin up front Kennedy in the middle and Rampe down back.

As much as I love Jack and what he has done for us he won’t be in our next premiership team

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Good question.

Simply because I think we need to invest in games in the future of the club. I know he provides some leadership but I think we have enough on field leadership. Franklin up front Kennedy in the middle and Rampe down back.

As much as I love Jack and what he has done for us he won’t be in our next premiership team
    We have always aimed to play finals and that has been admirable. Don't think we'll make it this year. If that becomes apparent, we probably do need to play some young players at the expense of Grundy, Jack and even McVeigh if he only looks to be able to play towards the back end of the season. He is clearly in the best 22 (probably the top 5) and it would be a dilemma but we need to look ahead.

Richmond have a small forward line with Riewoldt out, as well as a smallish back line, with Rance out. We could drop both Thurlow and Blakey and not replace them with talls.

It's amazing how Sinclair has now managed to play 35 straight games over 3 seasons, when he was looking so fragile in 2017. I'd be interested in bringing in Cameron and play him along with Sinclair, alternating the 2 in the ruck. Cameron is a good player around the ground, actually not dissimilar to Sinclair, but should be better in the ruck. We should gain some flexibility on how we use Reid and McCartin, depending on the flow of the game, as Buddy and the ruckman playing forward should tie down Asbury and Grimes quite well.

Stoddart defended well against a very quick opponent in the NEAFL game. I'd give him a go playing on one of their small forwards.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast