Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 5 v Tigers

Changes for Round 5 v Tigers

Sick of this rubbish. Sick of the mantra of the outdated 'Bloods' 'we need to be harder at the ball' narrative, which drags us back to crash and bash, skills-averse, body-smashing, initiative-stunting football. Skills let us down in the first half, when we dominated clearances, contested balls, and inside 50s. Better field kicking, not handballing to teammates wearing a defender, and accurate finishing should have had us seven goals in front.
    Kennedy and Parker are so one dimensional. Lloyd accumulates but creates nothing. Papley is busy but ineffective. Aliir is wasted at FB, where his intercept and line-breaking run is constrained. Reid is just so exasperating. A decent mark, but woeful kick.

Honestly, I was worried that Gawn was going to contract leather poisoning and carpal tunnel syndrome last night. I'm sure that I saw Sinclair curled up in the fetal position at the back of the interchange shelter early in the fourth quarter. He needs time to get over the niggles and the PTSD. McInerny shouldn't have been out there last night, Blakey needs time in the NEAFL, as does Ronke. And I wonder whether we could invoke a warranty on Thurlow? Maybe get Gazza back?

For next week . . .

Out: McInerny, Ronke, Blakey, Thurlow, Sinclair
    In: O'Riordan, Mellican, Rose, Cameron, Stoddard

Reid to play FB, Aliir to CHB. McCartin forward

Rose McCartin Jack
    Franklin Dawson Papley

Florent Kennedy Heeney
    Cameron Jones Parker

O'Riordan Aliir Mills
    Reid Rampe Mellican

Int Lloyd, Cunningham, Hewitt, Stoddard

Longer term: time to recharge the coaching panel. Is Kirk offering much beyond cro-magnon "Bloods" exhortations? What has Johnson brought to the mix? I'll excuse Cox, as he hasn't had the opportunity to work with a genuine ruck yet.
    Get Grundy, Smith and McVeigh off the list at the end of the year.
    Look to move Kennedy, Parker, Jack, Franklin off over the next two years. Possibly let go of Lloyd as well.

Senior Player
    Think we need to see Sunday's NEAFL game before deciding on who will be called up, there should be a couple of spots open after last night I'd imagine

Mcinenery and Blakey are certain outs for mine as they both need some time at NEAFL, possibly a couple more yet!

Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post
    For next week . . .

Out: McInerny, Ronke, Blakey, Thurlow, Sinclair
    In: O'Riordan, Mellican, Rose, Cameron, Stoddard
    I agree with these changes, pending what happens in the NEAFL. Bit I don't think these changes, or any changes, will make much of a difference this year.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Those changes won’t make a difference because where we were beaten in the second half last night was in the midfield. Changing Sinclair for an inexperienced Cameron is unlikely to help in this regard. The improvement has to come from the midfielders already in the side, in particular Parker and Hewett (who while I acknowledge was tagging has to do more offensively)

I wouldnt throw the young guns out just yet. Last night, the ground and conditions were terrible. Its never going to suit young light bodied players.
    Melbourne won because they have stronger bodies and probably a bit more desire to win considering their expectations for the year.

Changes :

In - concentration on improving skills - handballing to a free player not opposition players, kicking for goals, kicking to a leading player just not lobbing it over their heads
    Out: - players not prepared to do that or are incapable of doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    Changes :

In - concentration on improving skills - handballing to a free player not opposition players, kicking for goals, kicking to a leading player just not lobbing it over their heads
    Out: - players not prepared to do that or are incapable of doing it.
    I need education .I am not a fan of Mills but a lot are.I think he is slow and suspect under pressure and has been given a golden run since drafted.why am i wrong ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kumarangk View Post
    I need education .I am not a fan of Mills but a lot are.I think he is slow and suspect under pressure and has been given a golden run since drafted.why am i wrong ?
    The problem is that some people said Mills will be better than Heeney, and that put a lot of misconceptions on him.
    Heeney will be a star player. Mills will be a very good player.

If you assess him as a very good player with a few years in the system, he is tracking well.

Tis round V

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Relative View Post
    Tis round V
    Yep! Lol

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    The problem is that some people said Mills will be better than Heeney, and that put a lot of misconceptions on him.

If you assess him as a very good player with a few years in the system, he is tracking well.
    Too early to say mills won’t be a star as well, he’s played most of his afl career in an unfamiliar position and done extremely well . Let’s judge him once he is played where he belongs , in the guts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

The thing is Mills looked like a better pure midfielder than Heeney was bottom age. He accumulated the ball at will! I remember him having a 40 odd possession game as a bottom ager in the NEAFL! I believe it may have been against the Gold Coast, so there was many AFL listed players playing against him.

The problem is that for whatever reason the coaching staff have not given him an opportunity to play a run of games as a pure centre square inside midfielder which is what he was as a junior. We obviously have Parker and Kennedy who fill that role of strong bodied, mid paced midfielder and the coaching staff clearly favor them to do that job over Mills. There lies the problem! The coaches will not make the move the rest of the Swans and footy world want to see, Mills as a pure midfielder!

It probably has more to do with the seeming need for him to play as a half back and he has been decent without being outstanding since his debut. It's also probably due to the fact that both Kennedy and Parker can't really play anywhere else (Parker maybe as a forward) and the coaches don't see another option but play them as it would be pretty embarrassing having your Captains in the 2nds!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast