Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 5 v Tigers

Senior Player
    Hehe maybe the umps thought the Bulldogs were kids in 2016??? Clarke I think is played to apply pressure and outside run - we know his disposal is very average but again, at Marvel, and against Richmond, pace will matter and he is pretty quick with great endurance. Cameron, O'Riordan and Rose must be on the cusp.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Clarke and Rowbottom for Blakey And McInerney

Emg: Blakey McInerney Fox Melican

Richmond: Houli and Martin for Graham and Menadue
    My God, what has Rose what has Rose got to do to get a game?

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Senior Player
    Well. I think I can 100% say that Longmire is now a 1 ruckman coach. Amazing how times change. All their years playing two ruckmen. Eg tippett / Sinclair. And before that Mumford / Pyke. In the latter years Naismith / Sinclair we all called for one ruck only which was how the competition was going. Eventually we caught on. Now when two ruckmen are back in vogue ( unless you have Brodie Grundy) then we are reluctant to change structure again.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    I personally think it is 2 weeks early for Rowbottom but we need pace against the Tigers clearly. He also may be the type of player who 'rises to the level' quickly. He is physically strong enough, good tackler etc.

I think the call on Blakey is a good one - he just needs to get his consistency up a bit and a few weeks in the NEAFL will help.

Pressure is on Sam Reid to perform. He has been just OK - gotta consider how much footy he has missed - but this is a critical year for Sam.
    On Rowbottom - He’s played well all preseason and so far in the NEAFL, we aren’t killing it in the seniors , might be two weeks too late really !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Well. I think I can 100% say that Longmire is now a 1 ruckman coach. Amazing how times change. All their years playing two ruckmen. Eg tippett / Sinclair. And before that Mumford / Pyke. In the latter years Naismith / Sinclair we all called for one ruck only which was how the competition was going. Eventually we caught on. Now when two ruckmen are back in vogue ( unless you have Brodie Grundy) then we are reluctant to change structure again.
    I think Longmire sees himself as a coach who only has one ruckman. Don't think he trusts Cameron.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Is it just me, or could Ryan Clarke be RWO's new Dean Towers v1.0? Keeps getting picked because of NEAFL form, can't replicate it in the seniors.
    At least Towers occasionally did something dynamic.

How Clarke gets a run ahead of O'Riordan or Rose is perplexing to say the least.

He was dropped after 2 really poor performances and gets rewarded with a recall for some ok form in the NEAFL...Really poor selection IMO.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I'm surprised about Clarke getting a game based on comments by the NEAFL watchers. But we need help in the midfield so I can understand why he was selected. He got a lot of the ball in the JLT but struggled against the dogs and crows. Hopefully we see his preseason form return.
    He was average up to three quarter time with his usual shocking kicking. Then he had a good last quarter and actually found some targets with his kicking. Maybe they believe he has ironed out his kicking issue. I hope so. COR is very unlucky to be overlooked again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It appears so far most neafl to snr selections are about roles required in snrs.......ie rose, COR etc would be should selected immediately on form

McInerney played 65% game time in the forwards last week which seemed crazy after his strong pre season HBF Wing performances

Clarke will no doubt tag / run with role on the wing because there is no way he should be in the team playing loose and by himself. He also played half his games in snrs at north off HB

Rowbottom seemed to play reasonable minutes upfront last neafl game and maybe required to play a small forward shut down roll against the Tigers ? His hunt and explosiveness will be welcome and no matter who we select we are pushing up hill against Richmond anyway with our terrible form so far as a team ........lastly it feels like Rowbottom is picked because Heeney is looking not likely

On the positive - I’m super stoked we get a chance at the tigers without rance, reiwoldt, cochin etc

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I think Longmire sees himself as a coach who only has one ruckman. Don't think he trusts Cameron.
    That was part of my point. For years he persisted as a two ruck coach. I agree now he is definitely a one ruck coach and unwilling to experiment

Regular in the Side
    wrong decision to continue with i1 ruckman. Cameron needs to be played.

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    I can see the logic in not playing 2 ruckmen this week. Tigers only have one ruck and their team is full of fast, 180-190cm types. If we had both Sinclair and Cameron in, we may be too slow. On the flip side, I do remember a game v St Kilda where Sinclair dominated as a tall forward, using his height and size to smash the Saints. Problem with this is we are not winning the ball at the contest, so there would be a good chance he would catch a cold. On the Clarke selection, yes he is fast and has good endurance. But so does the Kenyan runner Kipchoge! Stoddart has pace, endurance and much
    better skills.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    I'm with Ralph Dawg. Does anyone really think that against the Tigers, at Marvel Stadium, is the time to be switching to two ruckmen?