Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 4 Weekly Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Dangerfield fined.

After some thought Dusty's original two week ban should have been retained, I think Dangerfield is a very lucky player to be available this week. $2000 fine! They must have evoked the 'good bloke' defence......
    Most probably had Johnny Cochrane defending him with the "Wookie" play.

Even if danger didn't hit him in the head, he is still punching behind the play and way off the ball. The AFL should be getting rid of this stuff. It's ugly.

Veterans List
    I have to ask.....why??

AFL, Kennedy enter China partnership to progress the game - AFL.com.au

I mean, I know why....money......but WHY?? It can't be good for the game but that seems to be secondary now.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I have to ask.....why??

AFL, Kennedy enter China partnership to progress the game - AFL.com.au

I mean, I know why....money......but WHY?? It can't be good for the game but that seems to be secondary now.
    That's my whole view on the China game.... just why.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    How good is Lachie Whitfield. 30+ stats each game and I reckon 2 BOG. Polled very well last year on a limited season.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    That's my whole view on the China game.... just why.
    I'm guess that the argument is, that if we only get one percent of the population interested, then there's an extra 1,300,000 fans. Which may sound impressive in a presentation, but it ignores the fact that a few games in Shanghai, probably are yet to attract an extra 13,000 fans.

On another R4 topic, I was happy to hear Brendon Goddard on Monday call out Ben Brown's rag doll flop that earnt him a free kick and subsequent goal, in that boundary throw in contest against the crows on Saturday. Brendon further added he has witnessed Ben doing this type of staging numerous times. I seem to recall last year at the SCG Ben getting free kicks against Reg in marking contests by flaying forwards with no/little body contact (lost match by 6 points in which McVeigh's touched ball on a Norf goal was not reviewed).

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    On another R4 topic, I was happy to hear Brendon Goddard on Monday call out Ben Brown's rag doll flop that earnt him a free kick and subsequent goal, in that boundary throw in contest against the crows on Saturday. Brendon further added he has witnessed Ben doing this type of staging numerous times. I seem to recall last year at the SCG Ben getting free kicks against Reg in marking contests by flaying forwards with no/little body contact (lost match by 6 points in which McVeigh's touched ball on a Norf goal was not reviewed).
    I'm glad someone is because it looks embarrassing.....honestly, it just shows up how stupid (or dishonest) the umpires are.

Veterans List
    I'm also glad that Brown has been called out. My worry with the hands in the back rule change is that he will flop even more to ensure he gets a free.

I had to laugh at Brad Scott a couple of rounds ago moaning about the increase in staging by players when he has the biggest stager in his side! Plus he used to have Lindsay Thomas.

I know it’s now round 5, but wow the lions getting stiffed big time in the first qtr by the umps . Basically gifted two goals at one end and robbed of at least 2 free kicks in front of their goal . They are playing pretty well too, should be closer .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar sorry in the second qtr with a few even uppers ( that were there ). Incredibly frustrating . Pay them when they are there ! Both ways !!!! Also , if we were actually into Darcy Moore in the trade period , we really missed a star . He has been a beast so for this season , i wasn’t keen on the idea but wow, he is an absolute lock for an AA spot at this rate.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Similar sorry in the second qtr with a few even uppers ( that were there ). Incredibly frustrating . Pay them when they are there ! Both ways !!!! Also , if we were actually into Darcy Moore in the trade period , we really missed a star . He has been a beast so for this season , i wasn’t keen on the idea but wow, he is an absolute lock for an AA spot at this rate.

No-one is a lock for an AA spot after 4 and a bit rounds.

He'll likely develop "hamstring awareness" by about round 8 and miss a couple of months of the season.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast