Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 4 Weekly Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    That was a shocking misjudgement by McLachlan. Talk about conflict of interest but of course that went out with buttoned up boots especially once the present Collingwood president got involved with commentating and hosting football. Disgrace but both Gil and Eddy are protected media species.
    The only other person I know who uses the expression

‘that went out with buttoned up boots”

is my Scottish Father in Law and he’s 91.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    The only other person I know who uses the expression

‘that went out with buttoned up boots”

is my Scottish Father in Law and he’s 91.
    I'm getting up there but still a baby boomer! Got it from my late mum and dad. Irish background.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    That was a shocking misjudgement by McLachlan. Talk about conflict of interest but of course that went out with buttoned up boots especially once the present Collingwood president got involved with commentating and hosting football. Disgrace but both Gil and Eddy are protected media species.
    I think it was great Gill was meeting with coaches. It's should be all coaches, and equal amount of time.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I think it was great Gill was meeting with coaches. It's should be all coaches, and equal amount of time.
    Only met with his close friend as he described him at the time. If it was a fair dinkum ethical competition, he would have been fired.

Veterans List
    Because Hawthorn are the only team screwed by the umpires??? Delusional......

Just saw this headline on the AFL website:

'It's the wrong decision ... let's just call it what it is'
    Why Clarko needs another coffee with Gill, how the Suns almost blew it, Carlton's mistakes, the underappreciated Eagle, plus more. WATCH AAA

Another coffee?!! WTF? It seems it's accepted as normal down here in Victoria.....sure they might be 'having a joke' but it's a @@@@ing sick one that massages acceptance for what was/is a clear 'conflict of interest'.

They just don't get it! Never once have they said Horse should 'have a coffee' with Dil.....because they just don't see anything outside of a Victorian point of view.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 15th April 2019 at 01:49 PM.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    They're talking to Hanners atm on Seven. Feel for him defending his current situation. Then they asked him who he thinks is the clubhouse leader in the 'Mark of the Year' and he gave Heeney 7 out of 10 and Crozier a '9 or 10'.....he is definitely not a Swan anymore.
    I think "Mark Of The Year" so far may now be with Harry Himmelberg of GWS down at the Cattery on Saturday. It was Nick Reiwoldt at
    the SCG 2004 type stuff.... add him to the list of excellent footballers from north of the border also (he's from Canberra).

Senior Player
    Because Hawthorn are the only team screwed by the umpires??? Delusional......

Just saw this headline on the AFL website:

'It's the wrong decision ... let's just call it what it is'
    Why Clarko needs another coffee with Gill, how the Suns almost blew it, Carlton's mistakes, the underappreciated Eagle, plus more. WATCH AAA

Another coffee?!! WTF? It seems it's accepted as normal down here in Victoria.....sure they might be 'having a joke' but it's a @@@@ing sick one that massages acceptance for what was/is a clear 'conflict of interest'.

They just don't get it! Never once have they said Horse should 'have a coffee' with Dil.....because they just don't see anything outside of a Victorian point of view.
    The fact they think it's funny confirms corrupt Boys Club. Caro given honorary token membership as a lot of her stories are spoonfed to her from AFL

Veterans List
    Titus nails it yet again!

The Monday Knee Jerk Reaction: AFL Round Four - Titus O'Reily | Don’t have faith in yourself

"The AFL’s rule changes to improve scoring have surprisingly resulted in less scoring.

Who could have guessed that these rule changes wouldn’t achieve their stated aims? Well, every single footy fan.

Who would have thought that testing the new rule in two VFL games between lowly teams wouldn’t be the ‘extensive testing’ the AFL said it was?

I wonder what the AFL would do? Perhaps a host of new rule changes could sort it out."

Spot on. He should be running the game.

....and this one: "If Carlton were a non-Victorian team, the ‘which Melbourne club will Sam Walsh end up at’ stories would be flying thick and fast." For a Victorian, he really does understand the actual realities of this Vic-centric league/media set up.

Bravo Titus! Keep seeing and exposing the big picture.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 15th April 2019 at 02:48 PM.

Senior Player

The Monday Knee Jerk Reaction: AFL Round Four - Titus O'Reily | Don’t have faith in yourself

"The AFL’s rule changes to improve scoring have surprisingly resulted in less scoring.

Who could have guessed that these rule changes wouldn’t achieve their stated aims? Well, every single footy fan.

Who would have thought that testing the new rule in two VFL games between lowly teams wouldn’t be the ‘extensive testing’ the AFL said it was?

I wonder what the AFL would do? Perhaps a host of new rule changes could sort it out."

Should be lead journalist of mainstream footy media in Melbourne. You could create a Utopia like comedy about the AFL. Material for many episodes already exists. Clown show.

Veterans List

....and this one: "If Carlton were a non-Victorian team, the ‘which Melbourne club will Sam Walsh end up at’ stories would be flying thick and fast." For a Victorian, he really does understand the actual realities of this Vic-centric league/media set up.

Bravo Titus! Keep seeing and exposing the big picture.
    The poor quality of play and low scores this year show what a muppet show the AFL is. Steve Hocking - got sick of seeing him last year, a raft of rule changes and poor quality umpiring have sunk the game to new levels, where art thou Steve Hocking? Embarrassed to show your face you $1mill a year muppet

BF, happy for readers to interchange muppet with your use of clown :-)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    The poor quality of play and low scores this year show what a muppet show the AFL is. Steve Hocking - got sick of seeing him last year, a raft of rule changes and poor quality umpiring have sunk the game to new levels, where art thou Steve Hocking? Embarrassed to show your face you $1mill a year muppet

BF, happy for readers to interchange muppet with your use of clown :-)
    Hocking- how to stuff up a game that didn't need changing. Don't expect any mea culpas. Bozo. We should have a range of words 707!

Veterans List
    Dangerfield fined.

After some thought Dusty's original two week ban should have been retained, I think Dangerfield is a very lucky player to be available this week. $2000 fine! They must have evoked the 'good bloke' defence......

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast