Thread: Tickets for Round 8 game v Essendon

Tickets for Round 8 game v Essendon

I’m planning on going to the round 8 game v Essendon at the SCG on 10 May, during one of my rare holidays in Sydney.

My manager and publicist, Brian Taylor, offered me a spot in the commentary box, but I’m going with Mrs. L, as well as her son who just graduated Uni, and I thought I’d give him a treat before he starts a career of pretending to be an electronics engineer. I haven’t been able to negotiate a simulcast in Thai, so it looks as though I’ll have to turn that one down.

It would be nice if we had a Thai RWO member who could chat with them during the game so I don’t have to be distracted from the what’s happening on the ground. They do understand Aussie Rules, but maybe only as well as Damian Barrett, so there may be a lot of explaining to do.

Tom Harley said I could be a runner for the game, but they won't let me use a bicycle.

I was going to sit with Adam Goodes, but surely our faces would be projected up on the big screen, and there could be an incident with people mistakenly thinking it was Goodesy that was getting booed.

In any case, I’ve been outed as an Anarcho-syndicalist by some RWO members and also called a SJW at times, so it’s only right that I don’t use my celebrity to garner favours. I’m happy to mingle with the Swans’ proletariat.

That concludes the BS part of this post.

I haven’t been to a live game in about 10 years and not to the SCG in around 15 years, so I won’t even recognise the place.

It could be my last live game, EVER.

I’m open to all suggestions about tickets and where to sit.

Senior Player
    The SCG is the stadium next to the one that is being knocked down. There is also a DJ booth in the shape of a car out the
    front. There is not really a Swans proletariat as such, so if you prefer to sit with politically like minded fans I'd suggest the
    immersing yourself in the huddled masses of Essendon supporter groups in the pocket at the Paddington end of the ground.
    They'll be wearing black & red, and sporting "Hirdy Is Innocent" badges.

I can offer you one spare ticket.
    If you like, you're more than welcome to sit with us. (Even if you have a GA, no one checks these things.) There's normally a few spare seats around us. (OK, around me... bring ear plugs.)
    We're on Level 5 of the Brewongle - on the 50m line.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I can offer you one spare ticket.
    If you like, you're more than welcome to sit with us. (Even if you have a GA, no one checks these things.) There's normally a few spare seats around us. (OK, around me... bring ear plugs.)
    We're on Level 5 of the Brewongle - on the 50m line.
    Thanks Annie. How's the view from up there?
    Do you think I could by a couple of GA tickets and wonder over there?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

I haven’t been to a live game in about 10 years and not to the SCG in around 15 years, so I won’t even recognise the place.
    You'll be pleased to know that the standard and choice of food, general amenities and transport options havent changed since you last visited. All just 15 years older, including some of the hot dogs.

Best advice is to shuffle your plans slightly to come to the Swans v Giants game at Giants stadium. Now that is a nice place to watch footy.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    You'll be pleased to know that the standard and choice of food, general amenities and transport options havent changed since you last visited. All just 15 years older, including some of the hot dogs.

Best advice is to shuffle your plans slightly to come to the Swans v Giants game at Giants stadium. Now that is a nice place to watch footy.
    Great Idea, but there's one minor problem: I'll still be in Thailand when the game is on.

Thanks Annie. How's the view from up there?
    Do you think I could by a couple of GA tickets and wonder over there?
    Fantastic!! You can see the whole ground.
    I would buy a few GA tickets and work your way upstairs. No one checks, and if they do, tell them you're just "visiting" someone.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    I’m planning on going to the round 8 game v Essendon at the SCG on 10 May, during one of my rare holidays in Sydney.

My manager and publicist, Brian Taylor, offered me a spot in the commentary box, but I’m going with Mrs. L, as well as her son who just graduated Uni, and I thought I’d give him a treat before he starts a career of pretending to be an electronics engineer. I haven’t been able to negotiate a simulcast in Thai, so it looks as though I’ll have to turn that one down.

It would be nice if we had a Thai RWO member who could chat with them during the game so I don’t have to be distracted from the what’s happening on the ground. They do understand Aussie Rules, but maybe only as well as Damian Barrett, so there may be a lot of explaining to do.

Tom Harley said I could be a runner for the game, but they won't let me use a bicycle.

I was going to sit with Adam Goodes, but surely our faces would be projected up on the big screen, and there could be an incident with people mistakenly thinking it was Goodesy that was getting booed.

In any case, I’ve been outed as an Anarcho-syndicalist by some RWO members and also called a SJW at times, so it’s only right that I don’t use my celebrity to garner favours. I’m happy to mingle with the Swans’ proletariat.

That concludes the BS part of this post.

It could be my last live game, EVER.

I’m open to all suggestions about tickets and where to sit.
    Lol.

For a celebrity-like RWO figure such as yourself Lud, tell me how many tickets you need (within a reasonable limit ), I'll arrange, and PM you details of where to pick them up at the ground. They'll be great seats and at no cost to you.

Dan
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector